Orca Health is a private software company founded by Matt Berry, who is currently its CEO. Based in Sandy, Utah, the company develops mobile patient education software for physicians on Apple iOS. Orca Health has collaborated with Harvard University to develop applications and ebooks relating to the human heart. As of July 2012, Orca Health has 12 employees.
In September 2010, Orca Health released SpineDecide on the iOS App Store. The application allows physicians to distribute "Digital Handouts", which can include images and videos of the patient or their medical imagery. The application educates patients about the structure and anatomy of the human spine.
AgingSpine was released in January 2011, followed by FootDecide and HandDecide. In the fall of 2011, EyeDecide and ENTDecide were added to Orca’s Decide Series of patient education applications. KidsDental was released in 2012. This app showed parents how to help their children care for their teeth.
- Bury, Erin (6 June 2012). "Orca Health Adds Find a Specialist Platform to Suite of Patient Education Apps". Betakit. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- Gilbert, Samantha (28 February 2013). "Salt Lake-based health-tech company takes lead". The Digital Universe. Brigham Young University. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- Gannes, Liz (5 July 2012). "See How a Healthy Heart Works — And an Unhealthy One, Too — With New iPad App". All Things D. Dow Jones & Company. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- Komaroff, Anthony (21 October 2013). "Harvard Health and Orca Health launch heart-focused iBook series". Harvard Health Blog. Harvard Health Publications. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- McCarthy, Maureen (15 January 2013). "Harvard, Orca Health partner to launch heart health app". Boston Business Journal. American City Business Journals. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- Spine Decide - Patient Education for Healthcare Professionals on the App Store on iTunes
- Todd, Greg. "Spine App is Solid Overall and Provides Great Diagnostic Images" (PDF). Advanceweb.com. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- Health Decide: Kids Dental- http://healthdecide.orcahealth.com/2012/03/06/orca-health-launches-kidsdental-app-for-ipad/#.UkneJGSDSX0
|This United States software corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|