Orchard Breeze, Wichita, Kansas
|Elevation||1,314 ft (401 m)|
67203, 67209, 67212
Orchard Breeze is located at  It consists of the area between Central Avenue in the north and Maple Street in the south and between Interstate 235 in the west and West Street in the east. The Orchard Park neighborhood lies to the north, La Placita Park lies to the northeast, and Sunflower lies to the east.(37.688056, -97.400278) at an elevation of 1,314 ft (401 m).
Towne West Square, one of the city's two super-regional shopping malls, is located immediately south of Orchard Breeze on the south side of Maple Street. The mall has more than 950,000 sq ft (88,000 m2) of retail space, and, as of 2019, its anchor tenants include Convergys, Dick's Sporting Goods, Dillard's, and JCPenney.
For the purposes of representation on the Wichita City Council, the portion of Orchard Breeze south of Douglas Avenue is in Council District 4, and the portion north of Douglas is in Council District 6.
For the purposes of representation in the Kansas Legislature, Orchard Breeze is in the 25th district of the Kansas Senate and the 95th and 105th districts of the Kansas House of Representatives.
Parks and recreation
The city's Department of Park and Recreation maintains one park in Orchard Breeze. Kiwanis Park occupies 6.77 acres (2.74 ha) at West 2nd Street and Doris Street. It includes a basketball court, children's playground, community facility, exercise trail, soccer field, softball diamond, and tennis courts.
The main arterial roads are those that form the neighborhood perimeter: Central Avenue, which runs east-west, along the north side; West Street, which runs north-south, along its east side; Maple Street, which runs east-west, along its south side. Interstate 235 runs generally north-south along the west side of the neighborhood and is accessible via an interchange at Central.
- "Orchard Breeze, Wichita, Kansas". StatisticalAtlas.com. Cedar Lake Ventures. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "Neighborhood Associations – City of Wichita, Kansas" (PDF). City of Wichita. 2012-06-13. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "Orchard Breeze, Wichita, KS". Google Maps. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- Orchard Breeze, Wichita, KS, Google Earth
- "Towne West Square". International Council of Shopping Centers. Archived from the original on 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2007-12-17.
- "Towne West Square Directory Map" (PDF). CBRE Group. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "Wichita Council District 4 [Map]" (PDF). City of Wichita. 2017-06-29. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "Kansas Senate District Map (2017-18 Session)". Kansas Bar Association. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "Kansas House of Representatives (2019-20 Session)". Kansas Bar Association. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "Directory of Buildings" (PDF). Wichita Public Schools. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "Diocesan School Map". Roman Catholic Diocese of Wichita. Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "Kiwanis Park". City of Wichita, Kansas. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- "Bus System Map" (PDF). Wichita Transit. Retrieved 2019-02-13.