Order of Duke Domagoj
|Order of Duke Domagoj|
Obverse of the medal with neckband. Ribbon of the Order.
|Awarded by Republic of Croatia|
|Eligibility||Croatian and foreign citizens.|
|Awarded for||"... the demonstration of outstanding bravery and heroism in war, the direct threat of war, or in exceptional circumstances in peace."|
|Description||Gold, naked, kneeling archer in centre of silver oval inscribed "KNEZ DOMAGOJ" (Duke Domagoj)|
|Established||10 March 1995|
|Total awarded||566 (as of 6 Mar 2013)|
|Next (higher)||Order of Duke Branimir|
|Next (lower)||Order of Nikola Šubić Zrinski|
Miniature of the Order
The Order of Duke Domagoj (Croatian: Red kneza Domagoja) is the 7th most important medal given by the Republic of Croatia and is the nation's highest award for bravery. The order was founded on April 1, 1995. The medal is awarded for valor in combat. It is named after duke Domagoj of Croatia.
Appearance and Wear
The order comprises a pure silver oval, 40 mm high and 50 mm wide, in the middle of which kneels a naked archer, fashioned from gold, his right foot tucked under his buttocks, his left stretched out. Below the archer is a semi-circular ornament in the form of a wave with the inscription KNEZ DOMAGOJ (PRINCE DOMAGOJ). At the top sits the coat of arms of Croatia, above diagonally crossed swords. The reverse is smooth with the Croatian wattle in the centre containing the inscription REPUBLIKA HRVATSKA (REPUBLIC OF CROATIA). At the upper tip of the religious symbol, on the coat of arms, there is a hitch for the ribbon.
The neckband is 36 mm wide and 600 mm long and shows the colors of the Croatian coat of arms, a red-silver check. The accompanying miniature is normally worn as a medal on the upper left breast.
- Rahim Ademi - Croatian general indicted, and subsequently cleared of war crimes by the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY).
- Ante Gotovina - Croatian general indicted and cleared of war crimes by the ICTY.
- Ante Kotromanović - Croatian Minister of Defence (since 2011)
- Drago Lovrić - Chief of Staff of Croatian Armed Forces (since 2011)
- Franjo Tuđman - President of Croatia (1990-1999)
- Anton Tus - Chief of Staff of Croatian Armed Forces (1991-1992)
- Mark Nicholas Gray
- Andrija Andabak - Croatian soldier
- "Medals". CFIVA Website. Croatian Forces International Volunteers Association. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- Republic of Croatia: Order of Duke Domagoj - Medals of the World
- Novo Odlikovanje „Red domovinske časti Blago Zadro“
- Narodne Novine (Croatian National Gazette)
- Croatian Parliament (1995-03-24). "Zakon o odlikovanjima i priznanjima Republike Hrvatske". Narodne novine (in Croatian) (1995/20). Retrieved 2011-11-16.