Order of Excellence (Jamaica)
|Order of Excellence|
|Awarded by Jamaica|
|Eligibility||Foreign Heads of State or Government|
|Motto||Excellence through Service|
|Next (higher)||Order of National Hero|
|Equivalent||Order of the Nation|
|Next (lower)||Order of Merit|
The Order of Excellence is one of the six national orders of the Jamaican honours system, and it is only awarded to present and former foreign Heads of State or Government. The Order of Excellence is the most recent honour to be created, having been brought into being in 2003. The Order of Excellence took over the function of the Order of Merit, which is now awarded to those "persons of notable achievement in particular fields of study".
|Thabo Mbeki||South Africa||1 July 2003|||
|King Juan Carlos I of Spain||Spain||17 February 2009|||
|Jakaya Kikwete||Tanzania||25 November 2009|||
|Danilo Medina||Dominican Republic||27 November 2017|||
- "National Honours and Awards of Jamaica" (PDF). Page 4, Jamaica Information Service. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Order of Excellence (OE)". Office of the Prime Minister. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- "National Awards of Jamaica", Jamaica Information Service, accessed May 12, 2015.
- "President Kikwete Awarded Order of Excellence". Jamaica Information Service. 26 November 2009. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- "President Medina Awarded Order of Excellence". Jamaica Information Service. 28 November 2017. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
|This Jamaican government article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to orders, decorations, and medals is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|