Order of Gabriela Silang
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Order of Gabriela Silang|
Badge of the Order
|Awarded by Philippines|
|Awarded for||spouses of heads of State and/or of government|
|Sovereign||President of the Philippines|
|Next (higher)||Order of Lakandula, Order of Sikatuna, Philippine Legion of Honor|
|Next (lower)||Order of National Artists, Order of National Scientists, Order of National Social Scientists, Gawad sa Manlilikha ng Bayan, Order of Lakandula - Special Class of Champion for Life|
Ribbon bar of the order
Award and Rank
The Order of Gabriela Silang is a single-class Order may be conferred upon the wives of heads of State and/or of government, both Filipino and foreign.
The ribbon of the order is red with yellow and blue borders.
- Imelda Marcos, First Lady of the Philippines, 1965-1986
- Queen Sofía of Spain
- Queen Alia al-Hussein of Jordan (March 1, 1976)
- Josephine Bongo, First Lady of the Republic of Gabon
- Elena Ceaușescu (April 9, 1975) 
- Empress Michiko (December 3, 2002) 
- Laura Bush, First Lady of the United States of America (October 18, 2003)
- Aurora Quezon, First Lady of the Philippines (April 28, 2005)
- Executive Order No. 236, s. 2003 Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- The Philippines: Order of Gabriela Silang World Medals Index. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- "President's Week in Review: March 1 – March 9, 1976". Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines.
- "President's Week in Review: April 7 – April 13, 1975". Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines.