National Social Scientist of the Philippines
|Order of National Social Scientists|
|Awarded by Philippines|
|Awarded for||life achievement in the Social Sciences|
|Sovereign||President of the Philippines|
|Next (higher)||Order of Gabriela Silang|
|Next (lower)||Gawad Mabini|
|Same||Order of National Artists, Order of National Scientists, Gawad sa Manlilikha ng Bayan, Order of Lakandula - Special Class of Champion for Life|
Ribbon bar of the order
The Order of National Social Scientists (Filipino: Orden ng mga Pambansang Alagad ng Agham Panlipunan) is an honor given by the Republic of the Philippines. The Order of National Social Scientists is the highest national recognition conferred upon Filipinos for life achievement in the Social Sciences.
The recipients of the Order of National Social Scientists are recommended by the National Academy of Science and Technology but the responsibility was transferred to the Philippine Social Science Council, which has been conferring the award ever since.
|Name||Year Conferred||Field of Specialization||Reference|
|Jaime C. Bulatao||
|Maria Lourdes A. Carandang||
|Gelia T. Castillo||
- Executive Order No. 236, s. 2003 Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Chronology of Philippine Psychology University of San Carlos, College of Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- PAP Statement about Carandang PAP New, Psychological Association of the Philippines. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- TOFIL Awardee profile The Outstanding Filipino Award. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- About the honoree Journal of Philippine Development, pp 623-626. Philippine Institute for Development Studies. Retrieved 14 April 2013.