Order of the Crown of the Realm
|Order of the Crown of the Realm|
The Sovereign of Malaysia
|Established||16 August 1958|
|Ribbon||Pale blue with gold edges bearing a narrow red stripe.|
|Next (higher)||Order of the Royal Family of Malaysia|
|Next (lower)||Order of the Defender of the Realm|
The ribbon of the order
The Most Exalted Order of the Crown of the Realm (Darjah Utama Seri Mahkota Negara) is a Malaysian Federal Award. It is the second order in term of precedence after the Darjah Yang Maha Utama Kerabat Diraja Malaysia.
It should not be confused with the military Order of Loyalty to the Crown of Malaysia.
Classes and recipients
It has one rank and is conferred on 30 recipients only. It is conferred to the Queen of Malaysia and newly appointed Malay rulers in his state. Fifteen, out of the total, are conferred on foreign princes, foreign Heads of State and other distinguished individuals.
The D.M.N. comprises a collar, a star, and a badge.
- There are two sheathed kris crossed upright in the centre of the collar.
- The nine-pointed star and the crescent moon of the award are made of gold.
- The badge is a five-pointed star.
- The sash is of yellow silk. In the centre are red stripes and the end is tied with a ribbon. The edges of the ribbon have white narrow stripes lying in between two blue stripes. The sash of the order is worn from the left shoulder to the right hip.
The Order was instituted on 16 August 1958 and gazetted on 21 August 1958.
- Omar Ali Saifuddien III, Sultan of Brunei (1958)
- Haile Selassie, Emperor of Ethiopia (1958)
- Carlos P. Garcia, President of the Republic of the Philippines (1959)
- Bhumibol Adulyadej, King of Thailand (1962)
- Sirikit, Queen Consort of Thailand (1962)
- Ayub Khan, President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (1962)
- Norodom Sihanouk, Head of State of Cambodia (1963)
- Sisowath Kossamak, Queen Mother of Cambodia (1964)
- Norodom Kantol, Prime Minister of Cambodia (1964)
- Hussein bin Talal, King of Jordan (1965)
- Gamal Abdel Nasser, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt (1965)
- Tahia Kazem, Spouse of the President of the Arab Republic of Egypt (1965)
- Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi, Shahanshah of Iran (16 January 1968)
- Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms (1972)
- Hassanal Bolkiah, Sultan of Brunei (1980)
- Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah, Emir of Kuwait (1980)
- Chun Doo-hwan, President of the Republic of Korea (1981)
- Rhee Soon-ja, Spouse of the President of the Republic of Korea (1981)
- Khalid bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, King of Saudi Arabia (1982)
- Nicolae Ceaușescu, President of the Republic of Romania (1984)
- Richard von Weizsäcker, President of the Federal Republic of Germany (1987)
- Marianne von Weizsäcker, Spouse of the President of Federal Republic of Germany (1987)
- Roh Tae-woo, President of the Republic of Korea (1988)
- Kim Ok-sook, Spouse of the President of the Republic of Korea (1988)
- Carlos Andrés Pérez, President of the Republic of Venezuela (1990)
- Patricio Aylwin, President of the Republic of Chile (1991)
- Carlos Menem, President of the Argentine Republic (1991)
- Fernando Collor de Mello, President of the Federative Republic of Brazil (1991)
- Carlos Salinas de Gortari, President of the United Mexican States (1991)
- Qaboos bin Said al Said, Sultan of Oman (1991)
- Eduardo Frei Ruiz-Tagle, President of the Republic of Chile (1995)
- Fernando Henrique Cardoso, President of the Federative Republic of Brazil (1995)
- Fidel Ramos, President of the Republic of the Philippines (1995)
- Martti Ahtisaari, President of the Republic of Finland (1995)
- Aleksander Kwaśniewski, President of the Republic of Poland (1997)
- Roman Herzog, President of the Federal Republic of Germany (1997)
- Hassan Gouled Aptidon, President of the Republic of Djibouti (1998)
- Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, King of Bahrain (2000)
- Andrés Pastrana Arango, President of the Republic of Colombia (2001)
- Fidel Castro, President of the Republic of Cuba (2001)
- Stjepan Mesić, President of the Republic of Croatia (2002)
- Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, President of the Italian Republic (2003)
- Silvia, Queen Consort of Sweden (2005)
- Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, President of the Republic of Indonesia (2008)
- Michelle Bachelet, President of the Republic of Chile (2009)
- Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Emir of Qatar (2010)
- Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, King of Saudi Arabia (2017)
- Saleha, Queen Consort of Brunei
- Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden
- Farah Pahlavi, Shahbanu of Iran
- Akihito, Emperor of Japan
- Malaysia: Most Exalted Order of the Crown of the Realm
- Official website of malaysian monarchy :
- "Royal Ark". www.royalark.net. Retrieved 10 June 2017.