Order of the Dragon King
|Order of the Druk Gyalpo|
|Awarded by Bhutan|
|Awarded for||distinguished services to Bhutanese nation or people|
|Sovereign||Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck|
|Next (lower)||Order of Great Victory of the Thunder Dragon|
Ribbon bar of the order
The Order of the Druk Gyalpo (Dragon King) is the highest decoration of the Kingdom of Bhutan, awarded in recognition of a lifetime of service to the people and Kingdom of Bhutan. Existing in two categories, it is the pinnacle of the honor system in Bhutan and takes precedence over all other orders, decorations and medals. Consisting of two Classes manufactured in sterling silver, the First Class comprises a Breast Star and Sash Badge while the Second Class has only a Sash and Badge.
It was founded on 7 November 2008 by the King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck to reward those who have devoted a lifetime of service to the nation and people of Bhutan.
The order has two grades :
- First class.
- Second class.
The general display of the order depends of the recipient's dress.
In national Bhutanese dress :
- First class : a badge from a large neck ribbon and a star from a medal ribbon on the left breast 
- Second class : a badge worn from a large neck ribbon
In European dress or uniform :
- First class : badge hanging from a sash and a breast star (without ribbon) on the left breast
- Second class : badge hanging from a sash
The 80mm star consists of a large ornate gold plated back plate with an enameled border centrepiece in orange enamel, and a red enameled center with the Royal Symbol in gold.
The 60mm detachable badge bears the same design as the breast star, with a top suspension device for attaching to the sash.
For the badge and star, see this photo
The ribbon is orange with large white and darker orange border stripes
- Her Majesty Queen Grandmother Ashi Kesang Choden (Order of the Druk Gyalpo, First Class).
- His Holiness Je Thrizur Tenzin Dendup (Order of the Druk Gyalpo, First Class).
- The Royal Ark, decorations of Bhutan