Order of the Republic (Turkey)
|Order of the Republic |
Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Cumhuriyet Nişanı
|Awarded by |
President of Turkey
|Eligibility||Foreign Prime Ministers, Ministers and foreign representative members|
|Awarded for||"Given to people for the development of friendly relations and with the Republic of Turkey."|
|First induction||07 December 2010 |
Yousaf Raza Gillani
|Last induction||30 September 2016 |
Muhammad bin Nayef
|Next (higher)||Order of the State|
|Next (lower)||Order of the Merit|
Ribbon bar of order
The Order is conferred by the President of Turkey, upon the decision of the Council of Ministers, to the prime ministers, ministers and members of foreign missions in recognition of their contributions for bringing the nations closer and enhancing the amicable relations between their respective countries and the Republic of Turkey.
Recipients of the Order of Republic
- 2010 – Pakistan : Yousaf Raza Gillani, (Former Prime Minister of Pakistan) 
- 2012 – United Kingdom : Jack Straw, (British politician and former cabinet minister of UK) 
- 2013 – The Netherlands : René van der Linden, (Member of the Senate of the Netherlands) 
- 2013 – Pakistan : Nawaz Sharif, (Prime Minister of Pakistan) 
- 2014 – Ukraine : Mustafa Dzhemilev (Member of Ukrainian Parliament and former president of Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People) 
- 2014 – Italy : Carlo Marsili (Former ambassador of the Republic of Italy in Ankara) 
- 2016 – Saudi Arabia : Muhammad bin Nayef (Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia) 
- "Devlet Madalya ve Nişanları Yönetmeliği (Turkish) - Law of Medals and Orders of State" (PDF). Prime Ministry of Turkey. 1988. Retrieved 2013-07-30.
- "Gilani of Pakistan Bestowed Republic Medal of Turkey". Presidency of Republic of Turkey. 2010-12-07. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- "Gül Decorates Jack Straw with the Order of the Republic Medal of Turkey". Presidency of Republic of Turkey. 2012-10-12. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- "Dutch senator decorated with Turkish order of republic medal". Anadolu Agency. 2013-02-14. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- "Turkey Medals Pakistan's Prime Minister Sharıf". Newsweek. 2013-09-18. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- "Cumhurbaşkanı Gül'den, Kırım Tatarları Lideri Kırımoğlu'na Cumhuriyet Nişanı (Turkish)". Presidency of Republic of Turkey. 2014-04-15. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- "President Gül Attends Order of Republic and Order of Merit Presentation Ceremony at the Çankaya Presidential Palace". Presidency of Republic of Turkey. 2014-06-11. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Nayef at the Presidential Complex". Presidency of Republic of Turkey. 2016-09-30.
- "Madalya ve Nişan Üretimi". Darphane. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
|This Turkey-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to orders, decorations, and medals is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|