From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up ordinance or ordinances in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Not to be confused with Ordnance (disambiguation).
Ordinance may refer to:
- By-law, a rule established by an organization to regulate itself
- Local ordinance, a law made by a municipality or other local authority
- Act of Parliament, in some jurisdictions, such as England when the parliament operated without regal sanction, and a number of British colonies
- Royal ordinance, see Decree
- Ordonnance (French constitutional law), in French government, a regulation adopted by the executive in a domain normally reserved for statute law
- Ordinance (Belgium), a law adopted by the Brussels Parliament or the Common Community Commission
- Ordinance (university), a particular class of internal legislation in a United Kingdom university
- Ordinance XX, a law passed down in Pakistan which prevents Ahmadi Muslims from being identified as Muslims
- Ordination, the process by which one is consecrated
- Ecclesiastical ordinances, the bylaws of a Christian religious organization
- Ordinance (Christianity), Protestant term for religious ritual
- Ordinances of 1311
- List of Acts and Ordinances of the Parliament of England, 1642 to 1660
- Northwest Ordinance
- MV Ordinence, a British coaster
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ordinance.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.