Oregon (town), Wisconsin
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 32.3 square miles (83.6 km²), of which, 32.2 square miles (83.3 km²) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.3 km²) of it (0.40%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 3,148 people, 1,063 households, and 927 families residing in the town. The population density was 97.9 people per square mile (37.8/km²). There were 1,077 housing units at an average density of 33.5 per square mile (12.9/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 98.28% White, 0.16% Black or African American, 0.25% Native American, 0.41% Asian, and 0.89% from two or more races. 0.51% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 1,063 households out of which 47.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 80.4% were married couples living together, 4.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 12.7% were non-families. 8.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 2.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.96 and the average family size was 3.16.
In the town the population was spread out with 31.2% under the age of 18, 4.1% from 18 to 24, 30.0% from 25 to 44, 29.0% from 45 to 64, and 5.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 103.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 102.3 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $72,250, and the median income for a family was $76,759. Males had a median income of $50,250 versus $36,150 for females. The per capita income for the town was $28,218. About 0.6% of families and 0.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under the age of 18 or 65 or over.
- Phineas Baldwin, farmer and politician.
- Edward W. Dwight, farmer and politician, lived in the town.
- Arthur H. Sholts, educator, farmer, and politician, lived in the town.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- 'Proceedings of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin' Issue 52, Wisconsin Historical Society: 1905, Wisconsin Necrology-1904, pg. 112
- 'Wisconsin Book Book 1911,' Biographical Sketch of A. E. Sholts, pg. 756