Oregon Army National Guard
The Oregon Army National Guard is a federally mandated and equipped military organization under the civilian direction of the Oregon Military Department, with the Governor of Oregon as its Commander-in-Chief. It responds to state and national emergencies, military conflicts and natural disasters, and conducts search and rescue operations. While the history of the militia dates back to the establishment of the first Oregon militia in 1843 the present Guard was not established until after 1903. The modern Guard includes citizen soldiers, and its motto is "When we are needed, we are there."
The Oregon Army National Guard consists of 41 armories in 33 communities.
- 3rd Battalion, 116th Armor (part of 116th Cavalry Brigade Combat Team(CBCT), Idaho Army National Guard)
- 41st Infantry Brigade Combat Team
- 82nd Troop Command Brigade
- 82nd Armored Regiment (United States)
- 162nd Infantry Regiment (United States)
- 186th Infantry Regiment (United States)
- 218th Field Artillery Regiment (United States)
- 249th Coast Artillery Regiment (United States)
- 641st Aviation Regiment (United States)