Oregon Steel Mills
|Founded||1926 as Gilmore Steel, 1987 became Oregon Steel|
|Headquarters||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|James E. Declusin, President & CEO,|
William G. Gilmore, founder
|Products||rails, structural tubing, pipes|
|$ 110 million (FY 2005)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Evraz Group S.A. LSE: EVR|
|Subsidiaries||Colorado and Wyoming Railway, Colorado Fuel and Iron, Columbia Structural Tubing |
|Website||Evraz North America|
|Footnotes / references|
Oregon Steel Mills, Inc. (OSM) is a subsidiary of the Russia steel producer Evraz Group S.A. and has operations in Portland, Oregon, United States, and also with facilities in Colorado and Alberta. Operated as Evraz Oregon Steel Mills, Inc., the company produces items such as structural tubing, pipes, and steel rails.
OSM operates a variety of steel production facilities. These include a plate mill at their OSM Rolling Mill at the Portland Steelworks in Portland, Oregon. OSM manufactures armor plating for the U.S. military. Also at the Portland Steelworks is OSM Tubular that makes pipes for use in areas such as oil and natural gas transmission, this plant was closed in 2015. Oregon Steel’s Canadian operations also produce tubular steel products. In Oregon, OSM also operates a structural tubing facility, the only producer in the Northwest, this plant was sold in 2015.
In Colorado, OSM’s Rocky Mountain Steel subsidiary operates three production facilities. One facility makes rails for railroads, one rods and bars for construction, and the third plant manufactures seamless pipes. These facilities were part of the Colorado Fuel and Iron Company, founded in 1881 and bought by OSM in 1993.
Oregon Steel began as Gilmore Steel in 1926 when William G. Gilmore started the company. In 1987 the company became Oregon Steel Mills. Then in 1993 OSM purchased Colorado Fuel and Iron. In January 2007 Evraz Group S.A. of Russia bought OSM for $2.3 billion. Prior to this Oregon Steel was traded on the NYSE as OS.
- "Steel Shape Producers & HSS Producers". American Institute of Steel Construction. Retrieved 2008-11-12. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Oregon Steel Mills, Inc. Hoovers. Retrieved on March 28, 2007.
- OSM Rolling Mill. Oregon Steel Mills. Retrieved on March 28, 2007.
- Oregon Steel sale closes. Portland Business Journal, January 23, 2007.
- OSM Tubular Retrieved on March 28, 2007.
- OSM Tubular–Camrose. Oregon Steel Mills. Retrieved on March 28, 2007.
- Columbia Structural Tubing. Oregon Steel Mills. Retrieved on March 28, 2007.
- Rocky Mountain Steel Mills. Oregon Steel Mills. Retrieved on March 28, 2007.
- Humber, Yuriy (November 21, 2006). "Russia's No. 1 steelmaker buying Oregon Steel Mills". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- Oregon Steel Mills Inc. reports earnings for Qtr to March 31. The New York Times, May 1, 1993.
- Campoy, Ana. Evraz: US committee OKs Oregon Steel Mills acquisition. MarketWatch. Retrieved on March 28, 2007.