Oregon Township, Clark County, Indiana
Location of Oregon Township in Clark County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||31.27 sq mi (81.0 km2)|
|• Land||31.08 sq mi (80.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.19 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||666 ft (203 m)|
|• Density||56.9/sq mi (22.0/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453693|
Oregon Township was organized in 1852. Oregon Township was purportedly so named because at the time of the township's organization, it was sparsely inhabited and considered as remote as the Oregon Territory.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 31.27 square miles (81.0 km2), of which 31.08 square miles (80.5 km2) (or 99.39%) is land and 0.19 square miles (0.49 km2) (or 0.61%) is water.
- New Market
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Lexington Township, Scott County (north)
- Washington Township (east)
- Owen Township (southeast)
- Charlestown Township (south)
- Monroe Township (west)
- Vienna Township, Scott County (northwest)
The township contains several cemeteries: Beswick (aka Walnut Hill), Covert, Emmanuel United Methodist Church, Goben, Hebron, Kern, Otisco, New Market Christian Church, New Market Presbyterian Church (aka Mt. Vernon), Sawmill Road, States, and Webb Farm.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Biographical and Historical Souvenir for the Counties of Clark, Crawford, Harrison, Floyd, Jefferson, Jennings, Scott, and Washington, Indiana. Chicago Printing Company. 1889. p. 14.
- History of the Ohio Falls Cities and Their Counties: Precincts of Jefferson County, Ky. General histories of Clark and Floyd counties, Ind. New Albany and Floyd County. Clark County and Jeffersonville. L. A. Williams & Company. 1882. p. 369.
- Mauk, Lois. "Clark County, Indiana Cemeteries". usgennet.org. USGenNet. Retrieved 7 September 2014.