|Croatian: čvor Orehovica|
Orehovica interchange, the southern terminus of the A6 motorway
The Orehovica interchange (Croatian: Čvor Orehovica) is a trumpet interchange in Rijeka, Croatia. The interchange represents the southern terminus of the A6 motorway and it connects the A6 route to the A7 motorway between Škurinje and Draga exits, also representing a part of Rijeka bypass. The interchange is a part of Pan-European corridor Vb. It also represents a junction of European routes E61 and E65.
The interchange was originally executed as Zagreb–Rijeka motorway terminus exit, connecting the motorway to the city of Rijeka itself directly. Following construction of Rijeka bypass towards Škurinje (westward), the interchange was expanded, but it was still used as a motorway exit. Once the bypass, i.e. A7 motorway, was extended eastward to Sveti Kuzam, the motorway exit was scheduled to be cancelled. A subsequent intervention into the design documents allowed preservation of one directional ramp facilitating exit from the southbound A6 motorway at the interchange.
- "Rijeka bypass". Autocesta Rijeka–Zagreb. Retrieved October 12, 2010.
- "Transport : launch of the Italy-Turkey pan-European Corridor through Albania, Bulgaria, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Greece". European Union. September 9, 2002. Retrieved August 3, 2014.
- "European Agreement on Main International Traffic Arteries" (PDF). United Nations Economic Commission for Europe. March 13, 2008. Retrieved September 6, 2010.
- Igor Žic (February 13, 2008). "Od Lujzijane do autoceste" [From Louisiana to the motorway] (PDF). Žmigavac (in Croatian). Primorje-Gorski Kotar County. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 21, 2011. Retrieved October 7, 2010.
- "Rekonstrukcija i dogradnja čvora Orehovica na državnom cestovnom pravcu D3" [Reconstruction and expansion of Orehovica interchange on D3 state road route] (in Croatian). City of Rijeka. Archived from the original on July 26, 2011. Retrieved October 12, 2010.