Orem Community Hospital
|Orem Community Hospital|
|Location||Orem, Utah, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in Utah|
Orem Community Hospital (OCH) specializes in outpatient services including obstetrics and same day surgery. Its relationship with Utah Valley Regional Medical Center means OCH has the backup and support of a larger hospital, while at the same time maintaining the personalized care expected from a community hospital.
Orem Community features 24 LDRP rooms, where mothers labor, deliver, recover and spend their postpartum stay all in the same room. This is a unique birthing option in Utah County. In 2008 1,426 babies were delivered at the hospital.
Orem Community Hospital opened in 1981 as a maternity hospital, and after five years and a 13,000-square-foot (1,200 m2) expansion OCH became a full-service hospital, with an emergency room, Women's Center, medical surgical, laboratory, x-ray and health education services.
In 1995, the Central Orem Health Center addition was completed along with a WorkMed unit and the Utah Valley Pediatric Rehabilitation Center. A beautification of the campus began with the addition of a jogging path around the campus and soccer fields in conjunction with Orem City.  
- "Intermoutain Orem Community Hospital". Intermountain Healthcare. Retrieved 26 Oct 2014.
- U.S. News and World Report Best Hospitals, at http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/ut/orem-community-hospital-6870410 and at http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/ut/orem-community-hospital-6870410/details .
- ConsumerReports.org website, at http://www.consumerreports.org/health/doctors-hospitals/hospitals/hospital-ratings/orem-community-hospital-6870410-general-information.htm .
- Utah County Community Resource Guide online, at http://utahcountycommunityresources.org/service.php?id=142&sec=hospitals .
- Herald, Paige Fieldsted - Daily. "Utah County hospitals top rated in maternity care". Daily Herald. Retrieved 2016-05-22.
|This article relating to a hospital in Utah is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|