This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1982/1983 (age 36–37)|
|Education||B.A. University of Virginia|
M.A. Syracuse University
Liebermann was raised in Israel and in the Wayside section of Ocean Township, Monmouth County, New Jersey, where he attended Ocean Township High School. He speaks English in addition to his first language Hebrew. He graduated with a B.S. from the University of Virginia informational technology and marketing and a M.A. in Broadcast Journalism from Syracuse University. After school, he began his career in radio working as a sports reporter for WINA-AM in Charlottesville, Virginia before moving to television as a reporter for WBOC-TV in Salisbury, Maryland; the Washington, D.C. reporter for WYOU-TV of Scranton, Pennsylvania; and in 2007, he joined WAVY-TV in Norfolk, Virginia. In 2010, he worked as a general assignment reporter for CBS 3 in Philadelphia. In 2015, he joined CNN as their Jerusalem correspondent. During his time as a journalist, he has won two Emmys and three Associated Press awards.
In 2012, he married Allentown-native Cassandra "Cassie" Kramer in an interfaith ceremony. They met while both were working as reporters at WBOC in Delaware. He lives with his wife and daughter in Jerusalem and has dual citizenship in Israel and the United States. He has Type 1 Diabetes and serves as an advocate for those who have the condition and has authored a book detailing his experience entitled "The Insulin Express."
- "Surviving a Life-Threatening Diagnosis — 12,000 Miles From Home". Yahoo.
- "Oren Liebermann - CNN Correspondent". CNN. Archived from the original on 2018-09-23.
- "Oren Liebermann joins CBS3, CW Philly as reporter". The Philly Ad Club. August 20, 2010.
- Liebermann, Oren. The Insulin Express: One Backpack, Five Continents, and the Diabetes Diagnosis That Changed Everything, p. 26. Skyhorse Publishing, Inc., 2017. ISBN 9781510718494. Accessed October 29, 2018. "I never went to a single Ocean Township High School Spartans game and I never paid any attention to the NHL, MLB, NASCAR, MLS, NFL, or any other league, with the recent exception of the NBA."
- "CNN's Oren Liebermann on Life With Type 1 Diabetes". Diabetes Self Management. January 26, 2018.
- Derakhshani, Tirdad (May 24, 2017). "Former CBS3 reporter didn't let a surprise diabetes diagnosis re-route his bucket-list adventure". Philadelphia Inquirer.
- "Cassandra Kramer and Oren Liebermann at Bear Creek". Rhinehart. October 10, 2012.
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|