Arroyo de Orestimba
|- location||of North Fork Orestimba Creek and South Fork Orestimba Creek., Stanislaus County, California|
|- elevation||669 ft (204 m)|
|at the San Joaquin River, about 7 1/2 miles north of Newman, in Stanislaus County|
|46 ft (14 m)|
|River system||San Joaquin River|
Orestimba Creek, originally Arroyo de Orestimba (Orestimba, a Yokutsan word for Meetingplace) is a tributary of the San Joaquin River draining eastern slopes of part of the Diablo Range within the San Joaquin Valley of California.
Arroyo Orestimba was a watering place on El Camino Viejo in the San Joaquin Valley and was the primary water source for Rancho Orestimba y Las Garzas near its northern boundary. The ranch house of Rancho Orestimba y las Garzas, was built above the sycamore grove on Arroyo de Orestimba.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Orestimba Creek
- Map of San Joaquin River basin tributaries www.centralvalleymonitoring.org/map accessed November 1, 2011
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map Archived 2012-04-05 at WebCite, accessed October 31, 2011
- Diseño del Rancho Orestimba
- Mildred Brooke Hoover, Douglas E. Kyle, Historic Spots in California, Stanford University Press, 2002, p.517