June 25, 1912|
Trenton, New Jersey
|Died||July 24, 1993
Angelucci claimed that he suffered from poor health and extreme nervousness for most of his life, and eventually moved for health-related reasons from Trenton, New Jersey, to California in 1948, where he took a job on the assembly line at the Lockheed aircraft plant in Burbank. Another contactee, George Van Tassel, was also employed for a time at this plant.
In his books, our Angelucci says he was particularly terrified of thunderstorms and was attracted to California because he had heard that thunderstorms were very rare there. Angelucci wrote the first version of his pseudoscientific account of matter, energy and life, The Nature of Infinite Entities in 1952, based on "research" done earlier in Trenton, including the launching of a giant cluster of weather balloons.
Beginning in summer 1952, according to Angelucci in his book The Secret of the Saucers (1955), he began to encounter flying saucers and their friendly human-appearing pilots during his drives home from the aircraft plant. These superhuman space people were handsome, often transparent and highly spiritual. Eventually Angelucci was taken in an unmanned saucer to earth orbit, where he saw a giant "mother ship" drift past a porthole. He also described having experienced a "missing time" episode and eventually remembered living for a week in the body of "space brother" Neptune, in a more evolved society on "the largest asteroid", the remains of a destroyed planet, while his usual body wandered around the aircraft plant in a daze.
In his later book, The Son of the Sun, Angelucci related an account that he claimed had been told to him by a medical doctor calling himself Adam, whose experiences were similar to his own. He also published several pamphlets on space-brotherly themes, such as "Million Year Prophecy" (1959), "Concrete Evidence" (1959) and "Again We Exist" (1960).
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Orfeo M. Angelucci (2008). The secret of the saucers: how UFO's work. Forgotten Books. ISBN 1-60506-549-8. Retrieved 2008-02-05.
- Lewis, James R., editor, UFOs and Popular Culture, Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO, Inc., 2000. ISBN 1-57607-265-7.
- Story, Ronald D., editor, The Encyclopedia of Extraterrestrial Encounters, NY, NY: New American Library, 2001. ISBN 0-451-20424-7.
- Overview of 1950s Contactees
- A webpage devoted to Angelucci
- In the spring of 1952 Angelucci wrote to Linus Pauling concerning Angelucci's biological "theories"
- A letter from Orfeo Angelucci in fellow contactee Daniel Fry's newsletter
- Long John Nebel's radio interviews with 1950s contactees
- George Van Tassel and Orfeo Angelucci were both Lockheed employees who became contactees