CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (season 2)
|CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (season 2)|
Season 2 U.S. DVD Cover
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||23|
|Original release||September 27, 2001– May 16, 2002|
Cast and characters
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Paul Guilfoyle as Capt. Jim Brass
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins (23 episodes)
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders (22 episodes)
- David Berman as Dr. David Phillips (12 episodes)
- Skip O'Brien as Sgt. Ray O'Riley (7 episodes)
- Archie Kao as Archie Johnson (5 episodes)
- Gerald McCullouch as Bobby Dawson (4 episodes)
- Geoffrey Rivas as Det. Sam Vega (4 episodes)
- Eric Stonestreet as Ronnie Litre (4 episodes)
- Joseph Patrick Kelly as Officer Joe Metcalf (3 episodes)
- Jeffrey D. Sams as Det. Cyrus Lockwood (3 episodes)
- Marc Vann as Conrad Ecklie (2 episodes)
- Christopher Wiehl as Hank Peddigrew (2 episodes)
- David Caruso as Horatio Caine (episode 22)
- Emily Procter as Calleigh Duquesne (episode 22)
- Adam Rodriguez as Eric Delko (episode 22)
- Khandi Alexander as Alexx Woods (episode 22)
- Rory Cochrane as Tim Speedle (episode 22)
- Jennette McCurdy as Jackie Trent (episode 20)
- Nicki Aycox as Ellie Rebecca Brass (episode 10)
- Brigid Brannagh as Tammy Felton (episode 9)
- Melinda Clarke as Lady Heather (episode 8)
- Susan Gibney as Charlotte Meridian (episode 9)
- Glenn Morshower as Sheriff Brian Mobley (episode 3)
- Matt O'Toole as Paul Millander/Judge Douglas Mason (episode 13)
- Sheeri Rappaport as Mandy Webster (episode 1)
- Scott Wilson as Sam Braun (episode 1)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|24||1||"Burked"||Danny Cannon||Carol Mendelsohn & Anthony E. Zuiker||September 27, 2001||22.30|
Tony Braun, the son of Las Vegas mogul Sam Braun, is found dead in his home, apparently the victim of a drug overdose. But as the scene lacks all evidence normally connected to an overdose, the team soon suspects murder.Note: This is the first appearance of Sam Braun.
|25||2||"Chaos Theory"||Kenneth Fink||Josh Berman & Eli Talbert||October 4, 2001||19.70|
The CSI team suspects foul play when university student Paige Rycoff vanishes into thin air. The team soon discovers she had an affair with a married professor, along with a lot of other seemingly unrelated events. When her body is found in a trash heap, the team has to find out what led to her death.Note: This is the first appearance of Archie Johnson.
|26||3||"Overload"||Richard J. Lewis||Josh Berman||October 11, 2001||22.70|
When a construction worker takes a fall from the twelfth story at a construction site, Grissom is convinced the victim is electrocuted. But as the Sheriff and a lot of others have no trouble believing it's a suicide and the evidence doesn't immediately support his theory, he has to go through a lot of trouble to prove murder. Meanwhile Nick and Catherine look into the death of a teenage boy who apparently suffered an epileptic seizure during a therapy session.Note: This is the first appearance of Sheriff Brian Mobley.
|27||4||"Bully for You"||Thomas J. Wright||Ann Donahue||October 18, 2001||23.00|
Grissom, Warrick and Catherine investigate when the class clown from a local high school is found dead in the boy's bathroom. They soon discover that there are a lot of suspects, as their victim bullied a lot of his fellow students. Meanwhile Sara and Nick try to find out the identity and cause of death of a badly decomposed body found in a leather bag.Note: This is the first appearance of Hank Peddigrew.
|28||5||"Scuba Doobie-Doo"||Jefery Levy||Elizabeth Devine & Andrew Lipsitz||October 25, 2001||24.70|
|Grissom, Warrick and Sara are sent to investigate when a former tenant leaves behind a blood-splattered apartment, and a missing girlfriend. Meanwhile, Catherine and Nick are confronted with what seems to be an urban legend turned fact: a scuba diver found in the top of a tree after a forest fire.|
|29||6||"Alter Boys"||Danny Cannon||Ann Donahue||November 1, 2001||23.20|
|Grissom, Nick and Sara seem to have a clear-cut case when a young man is discovered burying a murder victim in the desert. Warrick and Catherine investigate the death of a young woman who died in a hotel spa.|
|30||7||"Caged"||Richard J. Lewis||Elizabeth Devine & Carol Mendelsohn||November 8, 2001||25.10|
|Grissom and Nick investigate the death of a book restorer who was found dead in a locked library cage. Her autistic co-worker turns out to be a very reliable eyewitness. Meanwhile, Catherine and Sara handle the case of a young woman who was killed when her car was hit by a train.|
|31||8||"Slaves of Las Vegas"||Peter Markle||Jerry Stahl||November 15, 2001||25.10|
A naked young woman is found dead in a sandbox at a park playground. The scars and liquid latex on her body lead Grissom, Catherine and Nick to a fetish club, owned by "Lady Heather". Sara and Warrick investigate an armed robbery at a cash checking company.Note: This is the first appearance of Lady Heather Kessler.
|32||9||"And Then There Were None"||John Patterson||Story by: Josh Berman
Teleplay by: Carol Mendelsohn & Eli Talbert
|November 22, 2001||22.80|
|Grissom, Nick and Warrick investigate when three men dressed as women rob a casino. Catherine and Sara are sent to investigate a murder at a remote convenience store. They soon discover the two cases are related.|
|33||10||"Ellie"||Charlie Correll||Anthony E. Zuiker||December 6, 2001||24.00|
When Grissom has to go to a conference, and Catherine is off to Reno, Grissom leaves Warrick in charge of the graveyard shift's investigation of the murder of a con man. Things get personal for Brass when he learns his estranged daughter Ellie is one of the suspects.Note: This is the first appearance of Ellie Brass.
|34||11||"Organ Grinder"||Allison Liddi||Elizabeth Devine & Ann Donahue||December 13, 2001||17.50|
|A famous real estate entrepreneur is found dead in a hotel elevator. It appears he died from natural causes, but the CSIs suspect he was poisoned. But this turns out hard to prove as organs are donated and the body cremated.|
|35||12||"You've Got Male"||Charlie Correll||Marc Dube & Corey Miller||December 20, 2001||23.70|
|Grissom, Sara and Warrick investigate when a young woman is found dead in a pipe at a construction site. Another body, revealed to be the first woman's sister is found nearby, also murdered. A likely suspect is one of the women's Internet relationship, an ex-con. Meanwhile Catherine and Nick look into a hunting mishap, but as their investigation develops, it begins to look less and less like an accident.|
|36||13||"Identity Crisis"||Kenneth Fink||Ann Donahue & Anthony E. Zuiker||January 17, 2002||24.10|
|Serial killer Paul Millander returns, leaving another staged suicide. Upon finding a clue that connects all the victims, Grissom and Catherine end up in a court room, where the judge bears an uncanny resemblance to Millander. Further investigation reveals a startling secret about Millander's past.|
|37||14||"The Finger"||Richard J. Lewis||Danny Cannon & Carol Mendelsohn||January 31, 2002||23.50|
|Catherine gets involved in the kidnapping of a real estate developer's mistress. She has to accompany the man while he delivers a million dollar ransom. Meanwhile she tries to leave clues for the other CSIs who are on her trail.|
|38||15||"Burden of Proof"||Kenneth Fink||Ann Donahue||February 7, 2002||24.64|
|When the body of a photographer is dumped at the Body Farm, Grissom finds out the man was shot to death, but there aren't any bullet fragments in his body. The case gets even more complicated when the CSIs discover the 12-year-old daughter of the photographer's girlfriend was the victim of child abuse.|
|39||16||"Primum Non Nocere"||Danny Cannon||Andrew Lipsitz||February 28, 2002||28.74|
Grissom, Sara and Catherine investigate when an ice hockey player dies in the middle of the game. Meanwhile Warrick and Nick investigate the apparent drug-related death of a saxophone player at one of the local casinos. During the case, Warrick finds himself attracted to the singer who worked with the victim.Note: This is the first appearance of Cyrus Lockwood.
|40||17||"Felonious Monk"||Kenneth Fink||Jerry Stahl||March 7, 2002||26.73|
|Grissom, Sara and Nick investigate the death of four Buddhist monks who were shot to death in their monastery near Vegas. Catherine re-opens the murder of an old friend, when the man that was convicted for the murder claims he is innocent on his deathbed. During the case she finds out some disturbing facts about how her old mentor handled the case.|
|41||18||"Chasing the Bus"||Richard J. Lewis||Eli Talbert||March 28, 2002||25.24|
|The entire team investigates a bus crash in which nine people lost their lives. Before his death the driver claimed the bus began to vibrate, making it impossible for him to control the bus. The team has to find out whether the accident truly was an accident, or involved foul play.|
|42||19||"Stalker"||Peter Markle||Danny Cannon & Anthony E. Zuiker||April 4, 2002||26.78|
|A young woman is found murdered in her heavily secured apartment, clearly terrified of someone who was stalking her. The position of her body seems familiar to Nick, and as he and the others piece together the solution, Nick finds himself the stalker's next target.|
|43||20||"Cats in the Cradle"||Richard J. Lewis||Kris Dobkin||April 25, 2002||23.50|
|Grissom, Catherine and Warrick investigate the murder of an elderly woman who lived alone with a lot of cats. Meanwhile Nick and Sara investigate an attempted murder with a pipe bomb placed in a car.|
|44||21||"Anatomy of a Lye"||Kenneth Fink||Josh Berman & Andrew Lipsitz||May 2, 2002||26.17|
|When a body is found buried in a park, covered in lye, Grissom and Sara discover the man was the victim of a hit and run. Meanwhile Nick investigates the death of a woman who drowned in the middle of the desert.|
|45||22||"Cross Jurisdictions"||Danny Cannon||Ann Donahue & Carol Mendelsohn & Anthony E. Zuiker||May 9, 2002||27.12|
The former police chief of Las Vegas is found murdered and his 7-year-old daughter is found alive in Miami. Catherine and Warrick then travel to Florida, where they assist the Miami CSIs led by Horatio Caine in hunting down the killer.Note: This episode introduces the team that later appears in the spin-off series CSI: Miami.
|46||23||"The Hunger Artist"||Richard J. Lewis||Jerry Stahl||May 16, 2002||27.00|
|The body of young woman is found in a shopping cart under a freeway overpass, her face horribly disfigured. The team soon discovers the victim was a fashion model and that her homeless sister is a likely suspect.|
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Series - Episode List - TV Tango
- "Cbs Places Second In Olympic Week". Cbspressexpress.com. 2002-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- "CBS WINS THE WEEK FOR THE 13TH TIME THIS SEASON". Cbspressexpress.com. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- ""Survivor: Marquesas" Grows In Week Two". Cbspressexpress.com. 2002-03-08. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- "CBS POSTS 15TH WEEKLY HOUSEHOLD VICTORY SEASON-TO-DATE". Cbspressexpress.com. 2002-04-02. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- "Cbs Is The Most Watched Network". Cbspressexpress.com. 2002-04-09. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- "Cbs Places First In Viewers And Households". Cbspressexpress.com. 2002-04-30. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- ""Csi: Crime Scene Investigation" Is The Most-Watched". Cbspressexpress.com. 2002-05-07. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- ""Csi: Crime Scene Investigation," Featuring The New". Cbspressexpress.com. 2002-05-14. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- ""SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS" FINALE: 25.9 MILLION VIEWERS". Cbspressexpress.com. 2002-05-21. Retrieved 2011-04-04.