Organ theft was considered a belief and a popular urban legend topic that an organized scheme exists to steal human organs for the purpose of transplantation and being sold to the highest bidder. However, there are some cases that have been proven to be real, with reported incidences in India of such criminal activities, as well as in territories controlled by the Islamic State.
- Coma 1977 novel by Robin Cook
- Coma 1978 film, based on the aforementioned novel
- Snakehead, an Alex Rider novel in which the title character is kidnapped and sent to a facility for organ theft in the South East Asian jungle
- Turistas, a 2006 American Horror film, in which the main characters who are tourists are abducted in the Brazilian countryside for purposes of organ theft
- Organ harvesting from Falun Gong practitioners in China
- "Kidney racket busted in Gurgaon". The Times of India. 2008-01-25. Retrieved 2008-02-06.
- Chuck Sudetic, Carla Del Ponte, La caccia: Io e i criminali di guerra, Feltrinelli, Milano, (2008), ISBN 88-07-17144-9
- http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/new-details-emerge-in-kosovo-organ-trafficking-case |newspaper=Balkan Insight |date=14 December 2010
- http://www.france24.com/static/infographies/documents/kosovo_house_2003.pdf |title=United Nations Document |publisher=France24.com
|This crime-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|