Organic, Inc. is an interactive advertising agency headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in Detroit, New York City, Atlanta, Dallas, and Los Angeles and is a part of the Omnicom Group Inc, and owned by BBDO Worldwide.
The firm completed an initial public offering in February 2000 under the ticker OGNC, but like many dot-com companies, was adversely affected when the Dot-com bubble burst and drastically reduced its size. It was re-privatized in 2001, and in 2003, became a wholly owned subsidiary of advertising holding company Omnicom Group.
Among its notable work was their launch, in the spring of 2010, of the “Break the Cycle” campaign, a CPG launch for the "U by Kotex" brand built around social media.
The firm also did work with The Meth Project. The campaign included TV, radio, out-of-home, social and digital components, including an immersive online experience at www.MethProject.org in an effort to counter meth addiction.
Hilton Worldwide, Procter & Gamble, Intel, Kimberly-Clark, Specialized Bicycle Components, The Meth Project, The Hartford, Visa Inc., Walmart, Nike, Inc., British Library, Hasbro, The J.M. Smucker Company, PepsiCo, Constellation Brands, BBC, Quaker Oats Company, AT&T, Wells Fargo, American Family Insurance
Organic won advertising awards for the U by Kotex campaign in 2010-2011, including three Effies, two ARF Ogilvy awards (including a Grand Ogilvy in Research Innovation), a Forrester Research Groundswell award and more.
David Shulman, CEO
Jeff (J.D.) Davids
- Bayers, Chip. "The Original Internet Adman", AdWeek, 2011-07-12. Retrieved on 1-17-12.
- Koffey, Nicole. "Organic (OGNC) to Open Strong", Forbes, 2000-02-02. Retrieved on 2009-07-03.
- Mack, Ann M. "Omnicom Confirms Organic Purchase", AdWeek, 2003-03-03. Retrieved on 2009-07-03.
- Steel, Emily. "Modeling Tools Stretch Ad Dollars", Wall Street Journal, 2009-5-18. Retrieved 1-17-2012.
- Schwartz, Evan. "A New Model for Predicting Social-Media Impact", MIT Technology Review, Published by MIT, 2010-10-20. Retrieved on 1-17-2012.
- O’Leary, Noreen. "Media All-Star: Steve Kerho", AdWeek, 2011-11-19. Retrieved on 1-17-2012.
- Klaassen, Abbey. "Interactive Agency Organic Predicts Chrysler Sales With Media-Mix ROI Model", Ad Age, 2009-3-23. Retrieved on 1-17-2012.
- Neff, Jack. "Comparative Claims Resurface in Tampon Wars", AdAge, 2011-7-25. Retrieved on 1-17-2012.
- Nudd, Tim. "Darren Aronofsky Revisits the Horrors of Addiction in Anti-Meth PSAs", Adweek, 2011-11-8. Retrieved on 1-17-2012.