Organization for Understanding Cluster Headaches
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Organization for Understanding Cluster Headaches (O.U.C.H.) was a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that assisted cluster headache sufferers and their families by providing information and emotional support. O.U.C.H. also supported and participated in research and communicated with the medical and pharmaceutical communities with the goal of improving diagnosis and treatment of cluster headaches.
The UK equivalent, Organisation for the Understanding of Cluster Headache or OUCH (UK), is a registered charity.
The Belgian equivalent, Organisation for the Understanding of Cluster Headache Belgium or OUCH Belgium is the same non-profit organization for Belgium.
O.U.C.H. was incorporated in Texas on December 9, 1999.
On April 7, 2012 it was announced that the organisation was shutting down, stating that "Recently, membership interest has dropped, volunteerism is low and there is no apparent interest in serving on the Board of Directors. The current Board cannot continue alone, and per our by-laws, and with no membership support or volunteers for office, we must close the OUCH doors."
OUCH Belgium was created in May 2008.
- "OUCH(uk) | Organisation for the Understanding of Cluster Headache |". ouchuk.org. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- O.U.C.H. U.S.
- The Cluster Headache Support Group on Facebook
- Online cluster headache information library
- "Pain of the brain storm" - Times Online
- "'I have two headaches every day'" - BBC News
- "What makes things worse is being told we have a migraine, sinusitis or just a low pain threshold" - Wales Online
- "Brothers’ bonus" - The Wisbech Standard
- "DOCS ARE LETTING US DOWN; Headache charity's claim" - Daily Record
|This article about a charitable organisation in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a philanthropic or charitable organization in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|