This article or section contains close paraphrasing of one or more non-free copyrighted sources. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||BSE: 541301|
|Founder||C. K. Birla|
|35 countries across the world|
|Rakesh Khanna, (Managing Director & CEO)|
|Products||Home appliances, Fans, lighting and Switchgear|
Number of employees
Orient Electric Limited (OEL) BSE: 541301 is part of the diversified Indian conglomerate CK Birla Group. It is one of the leading consumer electrical brands in India selling fans, lighting, home appliances and switchgears. It was formerly a division of the Orient Paper & Industries (BSE: 502420), which itself is a subsidiary of the $1.8 billion CK Birla Group. The Scheme of Arrangement between Orient Paper & Industries Limited and Orient Electric Limited and their respective shareholders and creditors was sanctioned by National Company Law Tribunal, Kolkata Bench on 9 November 2017. The company got listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) & National Stock Exchange (NSE) on 14 May 2018.
Orient Electric Limited has manufacturing facilities in Kolkata, Faridabad, Noida and Guwahati. It is the largest manufacturer and exporter of fans from India with a presence in over 35 international markets.
- "Corporate Office". orientelectric.com. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "Orient Electricals is Orient Electric now; name change aimed at new business consolidation plan". economictimes.indiatimes.com. 16 April 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "Orient Electric appoints Rakesh Khanna as CEO". 3 March 2015. Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "About Orient Electric". orientelectric.com. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "Orient Electric Ltd - Compliance Certificate In Terms Of Regulation 40 (9 & 10) Of The SEBI (Listing Obligations And Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 As On September 30, 2018". @businessline. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|