Orienteering Australia is the National organisation responsible for the governing, organisation and promotion of orienteering in Australia. It is a Full Member of the International Orienteering Federation. Orienteering Australia has its own publication The Australian Orienteer.
The Council, which governs Orienteering Australia, is made up of representatives from each association. Daily business is handled by an elected Board of 6-8 directors. Committees and Officers offer specialist advice to both the Council and Board.
The Board Director of Finance is Bruce Bowen. Orienteering Australia is sponsored principally by the Australian Sports Commission. Some sponsorship is also gained from Silva, which specifically sponsors the National Orienteering League. Additional sponsorship is received from the Melbourne Bicycle Centre.
Members of the federation
Orienteering Australia is a federation made up of the 7 associations, with each State or territory of the commonwealth having a federation.
Orienteering Australia was founded in 1970, and joined the International Orienteering Federation the same year. Australia participated in the World Orienteering Championships first time in 1972. The 1985 World Championships were held in Bendigo, Australia.
- http://www.orienteering.org/i3/index.php?/iof2006/iof/member_federations/iof_member_federations#AUS Archived 2008-06-18 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved on 20th of June 2008
- http://orienteering.asn.au/australianorienteer Retrieved on 20th of June 2008
- "About Orienteering Australia". orienteering.asn.au. Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- "Orienteering Australia Board 2008". Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- http://www.orienteering.asn.au/home/ Retrieved on 20th of June 2008
- "Sponsorship". orienteering.asn.au. Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- "Federation Members". Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- Vamplew, W.; Australian Society for Sports History (1994). The Oxford Companion to Australian Sport. Oxford Companions Series. Oxford University Press. p. 325. ISBN 978-0-19-553568-6. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- Knut Berglia; Tom-Erik Brohaug; Kristoffer Staver; Kaare Thuesen; Torgeir Strandhagen, eds. (1987). Orienteringsidretten i Norge gjennom 90 år (in Norwegian). Norges Orienteringsforbund. p. 278.
- Berglia 1987, pp. 216–217
|This article related to sport in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This orienteering article about an organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|