|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014)|
Origa performing in 2013, at Anime Boston
|Birth name||Olga Vital'evna Yakovleva|
October 12, 1970|
Kochenyovsky District, Novosibirsk Oblast
Japanese (resident alien)
|Died||January 17, 2015
|Associated acts||Yoko Kanno|
Ol'ga Vital'evna Yakovleva (Russian: Ольга Витальевна Яковлева, 12 October 1970 – 17 January 2015), better known as Origa, was a Russian singer who worked mostly in Japan.
Origa was born in small urban village Kochenyovo, 50 kilometres west of Novosibirsk. After graduating from music school in 1990, she took an opportunity to visit Japan in 1991 and finally contracted with the ROAD&SKY Organization in 1993. She later participated in several projects with various artists in addition to the Radio Japan Series and being part of the chorus for the Kobe earthquake disaster charity single. She released seven solo albums, two mini-albums, and 3 singles. She gained popularity outside Japan with the release of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and the subsequent original soundtracks, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex O.S.T. and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex O.S.T. 2.
These were written by long-time friend and composer Yoko Kanno, and both the first season's theme song, Inner Universe (featuring boy soprano Ben Del Maestro) and the second season's theme song, Rise used Origa's vocals. Origa first performed with Kanno for ∀ Gundam, singing "Moon" in concerts (in the CD "Moon" is performed by Kanno under the pseudonym of Gabriela Robin, Kanno never perform live). In 2005, Origa performed songs for the anime series Fantastic Children, most notably the ending theme "Mizu no Madoromi".
In 2006 Origa was involved in lyrics & vocal performance for the opening song ("Player") and the ending theme ("date of rebirth") from the movie Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society. In 2007, Origa performed with Yoko Kanno for the Ragnarok 2 Concert. There, she performed all three Ghost in the Shell opening themes; "Player" for Solid State Society, "Inner Universe" for the first season, and "Rise" for 2nd Gig, and substituted for Ilaria Graziano on "Yoru_Vo", Pierre Bensusan on "ELM", and Gabriela Robin on "Torukia". She also performed alongside fellow vocalists Maaya Sakamoto and Mai Yamane and joined in singing selected songs originally performed only by Maaya.
In 2014, Origa attended Anirevo (Anime Revolution) where she performed in concert. She performed songs from the Ghost in the Shell series and a medley of many other theme songs. She also participated in a panel with Production I.G. CEO Mitsuhisa Ishikawa.
- Olga [Demo] (1992)
- Origa (1994)
- Illusia (1995)
- Lira Vetrov (1996)
- Eternal (Eien) (1998)
- The Best of Origa (1999)
- Era of Queens (2003)
- Aurora (2005)
- The Songwreath (2008)
- Amon Ra (2013)
- The Annulet (2013)
- Lost and Found (2015)
- "Kaze no Naka no Soritea" (1995)
- "Le Vent Vert—Le Temps Bleu" (Полюшко Поле) (1998)
- "Electra's Song" (2003)
- "Mizu no Madoromi" (2004)
- "Leleyala" (2006)
- "Land of Love" (2006)
- "Hanagumori" (2007)
- Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star: Original Soundtrack / Various Artists (vocals)
- Final Fantasy XIII-2: Original Soundtrack / Various Artists (vocals)
- Aion : OST Featuring (2008.11) Korea NCsoft MMORPG
- CM Yoko / Yoko Kanno (2007 - vocals for "Exaelitus")
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society O.S.T. / Yoko Kanno (2006 - vocals & lyrics for "Player", "Date of Rebirth")
- Fantastic Children: Drama & Image album / Kouji Ueno (2005- vocals & lyrics for "Fuyuu Yume" - both Japanese & Russian versions-)
- Fantastic Children: Original TV Soundtrack 1 / Kouji Ueno (2005 - vocals & lyrics for "Pobezhdaet Ljubovj? (TV-Edit)")
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex O.S.T 2 / Yoko Kanno (2004 - vocals & lyrics for "Rise")
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex O.S.T / Yoko Kanno (2004 - vocals & lyrics for "Inner Universe" and "Rise (TV-Edit)")
- "GET9" [Single] / Yoko Kanno (2004 - vocals & lyrics for "Rise")
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex O.S.T / Yoko Kanno (2003 - vocals & lyrics for "Inner Universe")
- Princess Arete: Original Movie Soundtrack / Akira Senju (2001 - vocals & lyrics for "Krasno Solntse (Puroroogu)", "Majo no Yubiwa", "Krasno Solntse (Sutoorii)" & "Krasno Solntse")
- ∀ Gundam: The Concert / Yoko Kanno (2000 - vocals for "Moon")
- Ao no Jidai: Original TV Soundtrack / Various Artists (1998 - vocals & lyrics for "?Le Vent Vert? ~ Le Temps Bleu (Poljushko Pole)")
- "SUGIZO announces anti-nuclear power song, "NO MORE NUKES"". tokyohive.com. 11 April 2011. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Anirevo 2014 Guest: Origa". AniRevo 2015. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "Ghost in the Shell singer Origa passes away". Animenewsnetwork.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 オリジナル・サウンドトラック". Square Enix. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- Origa Official English Site
- Origa Official Site (Japanese)
- Origa discography at MusicBrainz
- Internet Movie Database