Origin (TV series)
|Created by||Mika Watkins|
|Written by||Mika Watkins|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Original network||YouTube Premium|
|Original release||November 14, 2018|
|Official YouTube Channel|
Origin is an upcoming American drama web television series created by Mika Watkins that is set to premiere on November 14, 2018 on YouTube Premium. Watkins also serves as a writer for the series and executive produces alongside Andy Harries, Rob Bullock, Suzanne Mackie, Josh Appelbaum, André Nemec, Jeff Pinkner, and Scott Rosenberg.
Origin follows "a group of strangers stranded on a spacecraft bound for a distant planet. The abandoned passengers must work together for survival, but quickly realize that one of them is far from who they claim to be."
Cast and characters
- Natalia Tena as Lana
- Tom Felton as Logan
- Sen Mitsuji as Shun
- Nora Arnezeder
- Fraser James
- Philipp Christopher
- Madalyn Horcher
- Siobhán Cullen
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|1||TBA||Paul W. S. Anderson||Mika Watkins||2018|
|2||TBA||Paul W. S. Anderson||Mika Watkins||2018|
On October 26, 2017, it was announced that YouTube had given the production a series order for a first season consisting of ten episodes set to premiere in 2018. The series was reported to have been created and written by Mika Watkins who is will also executive produce the series alongside Andy Harries, Rob Bullock, and Suzanne Mackie from Left Bank and Josh Appelbaum, André Nemec, Jeff Pinkner and Scott Rosenberg from Midnight Radio. Origin is a Left Bank/CiTVC co-production in association with SPTIP.
On January 24, 2018, it was reported that the series would premiere sometime around the end of 2018. On April 26, 2018, it was announced that Paul W. S. Anderson would direct the series' first two episodes. On August 27, 2018, it was announced on the show's official Twitter account that the series would premiere on November 14, 2018.
On April 26, 2018, it was announced that Natalia Tena, Tom Felton, Sen Mitsuji, Nora Arnezeder, Fraser James, Philipp Christopher, Madalyn Horcher, and Siobhán Cullen had been cast as series regulars and that Adelayo Adedayo, Nina Wadia, Johannes Johannesson, Wil Coban, and Tara Fitzgerald would also appear in the series.
On July 19, 2018, a teaser trailer for the series was released.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (October 25, 2017). "'Origin' Sci-Fi Series From 'The Crown' Producers Set For YouTube Red In 2018". Deadline. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
- Jarvey, Natalie (October 25, 2017). "YouTube Red Orders Sci-Fi Drama From 'The Crown' Producers". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
- Clarke, Stewart (January 24, 2018). "YouTube Launches Ad-Supported Original 'The Super Slow Show'". Variety. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie (April 26, 2018). "'Origin' YouTube Sci-Fi Series Sets Natalia Tena & Tom Felton As Leads, Paul W.S. Anderson As Director". Deadline. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Origin [@OriginSeries] (August 27, 2018). "This is the beginning. Be ready to #LeaveEarth: #OriginSeries premieres Nov. 14" (Tweet). Archived from the original on August 28, 2018. Retrieved August 28, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Pedersen, Erik (July 19, 2018). "'Origin': First Look At Tom Felton & Natalia Tena In YouTube Space Drama – Comic-Con". Deadline. Retrieved July 19, 2018.