Beijing Origus Food & Beverage Ltd., doing business as Origus Pizza Buffet (simplified Chinese: 好伦哥批萨自取; traditional Chinese: 好倫哥批薩自取; pinyin: Hǎolúngē Pīsà Zìqǔ) or Origus (好伦哥; 好倫哥; Hǎolúngē), is a Chinese Western-style buffet chain. It is headquartered in Chaoyang District, Beijing. Previously it was headquartered in Wangjiao Plaza in Wangjing Subdistrict of Chaoyang District.
It was founded in 1998, by Mu Ji. Foreign investment was used to start the company.
In February 2007 the company had locations in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hangzhou, and Jinzhou. That month the company opened its first restaurant in Lanzhou.
By March 2007 prices at Origus per person were raised from 39 yuan to 39.99 yuan. Around that time some customers in Beijing reported getting only one fen (one hundredth of a yuan) in change.
As of 2014 it had over 100 restaurants; they were located in larger cities and Inner Mongolia. That year, MUS Roosevelt Capital Partners invested an undisclosed amount into Origus.
- ^ a b c "Chinese fast food chain gets first institutional investment." Asian Venture Capital Journal. October 18, 2014. See profile at Secondary Link.
- ^ "联系我们" (Archived 2015-10-28 at WebCite). Origus. Retrieved on October 29, 2015. "公司地址：北京市朝阳区北苑路13号院1号楼领地Office-C座201 邮 编：100107"
- ^ a b "Company Overview of Beijing Origus Restaurant Co., Ltd.." Bloomberg L.P.. Retrieved on October 29, 2015. "South, 1/F Wangjiao Plaza Nanhu North Rd Wangjing Chaoyang District, China"
- ^ a b "Origus Pizza Opens Its First Outlet In Lanzhou" (Archived 2015-10-28 at WebCite). China Retail News. February 2, 2007. Retrieved on October 29, 2015.
- ^ Kwan, Coldness. "Do you get one fen change at Origus?" (Archived 2015-10-28 at WebCite). China Daily. March 6, 2007. Retrieved on October 29, 2015.