|Headquarters||445 Laclie St.|
|Service area||Urban area|
|Service type||Bus service, Paratransit|
|Operator||First Student Canada|
Orillia Transit is operated by First Student Canada (formerly Laidlaw School Transit) under contract to the City of Orillia in central Ontario, Canada. First Student Canada provides drivers, maintains the vehicles and supplies fuel. Service is provided on four routes throughout the city every day except statutory holidays, and one weekday special industrial area service. All of these routes run on loops which depart and end at the downtown bus terminal on Peter Street at Mississaga Street.
Orillia has had transit service since the 1950s when a private operator, Orillia Transportation Company, started to provide local bus service to the city. Responsibility for the service was assumed by the city in 1975 and in 1978 a specialized transit service for persons with disabilities was introduced.
Buses operate on one way loops out and back from West Street and Mississaga Street in downtown.Coordinates: Each route varies on alternate trips to cover a slightly different portion of the service area and still maintain a half-hourly frequency. Weekday service Saturday service
- North - serves West Street North, Orillia Square Mall, Coldwater Road
- Laclie - serves Front Street North, Laclie Street, Bay Street
- South - serves Colborne Street East, Front Street South, West Street South
- Georgian - serves Mississauga Street West, Barrie Road, Memorial Avenue, O.P.P. Central Headquarters, Huronia Regional Centre, Georgian College, Colborne Street West
- West Ridge - serves Coldwater Road, Wal-mart, West Ridge Boulevard, Lakehead University
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Orillia Transit.|