|Municipality of Orion|
Map of Bataan with Orion highlighted
|Region||Central Luzon (Region III)|
|Barangays||23 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Antonio L. Raymundo Jr.|
|• Vice Mayor||Rex Joseph R. Fuster|
|• Congressman||Jose Enrique S. Garcia III|
|• Electorate||39,991 voters (2019)|
|• Total||65.41 km2 (25.25 sq mi)|
|• Density||860/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|• Income class||2nd municipal income class|
|• Poverty incidence||14.45% (2015)|
|• Revenue (₱)||121,122,323.30 (2016)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)47|
|Climate type||tropical monsoon climate|
Orion, officially the Municipality of Orion (formerly Udyong), (Tagalog: Bayan ng Orion; Kapampangan: Balen ning Orion), is a 2nd class municipality in the province of Bataan, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 56,002 people.
On January 29, 2019, a massive fire burned down over 900 houses in Sitio Depensa, Barangay Kapunitan, killing 1 person, injuring 50 persons, and affecting 1,018 families, or 6,131 individuals. The blaze was attributed to children who carelessly played with matches and afterwards mistakenly tried to douse the flames with gasoline. The fire was able to spread quickly since the sitio consisted mostly of bamboo houses, most of which stored gasoline for fishing boats.
According to the Philippine Statistics Authority, the municipality has a land area of 65.41 square kilometres (25.25 sq mi)  constituting 4.76% of the 1,372.98-square-kilometre- (530.11 sq mi) total area of Bataan.
|030810011||Daang Bago (Poblacion)||1.7%||969||1,016||−0.90%|
|030810012||Daang Bilolo (Poblacion)||4.9%||2,745||2,543||1.47%|
|030810014||General Lim (Kaput)||7.1%||3,956||3,213||4.04%|
|030810022||San Vicente (Poblacion)||2.5%||1,391||1,360||0.43%|
|030810030||Santa Elena (Poblacion)||3.1%||1,736||1,501||2.81%|
|030810024||Santo Domingo (Poblacion)||7.3%||4,107||3,827||1.35%|
|030810027||Villa Angeles (Poblacion)||2.1%||1,161||1,480||−4.52%|
|Population census of Orion|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, Orion had a population of 56,002. The population density was 860 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,200/sq mi).
- The Saint Michael parish church is a 19th-century church located at Barangay San Vicente.
Orion celebrates the feast of Saint Michael (Apo Ige) every 8th day of May (feast now also called Bakawan Festival), when balikbayans come to join in the festivities. Majority of its residents are OFWs in the United States, Japan, Europe, Australia, Canada and the Middle East.
This section does not cite any sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Cayetano Arellano — was the first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Philippines under the American Civil Government. He was Chief Justice from 1901 until his retirement on April 12, 1920, making him the longest--serving Chief Justice.
- Francisco Baltazar — known much more widely through his nom-de-plume and birth name Francisco Balagtas, was a prominent Filipino poet. The famous epic, Florante at Laura, is regarded as his defining work.
- Kerby Raymundo — is a retired Filipino professional basketball player who last played for Meralco Bolts in the Philippine Basketball Association. Known as "The Kid", he was a former star player with the Letran Knights during his NCAA years.
- Eric Rodriguez — PBA player, played for the teams Burger King Titans, Air21, Meralco and Ginebra. Tough defense and role player and lead the team Letran Knights under coach Louie Alas at the NCAA 2002-2005.
- Janine Tugonon — is a Filipina beauty titleholder who placed first runner-up in the Miss Universe 2012 pageant. She placed first runner up in the Binibining Pilipinas 2011, but won in Binibining Pilipinas 2012, and became the representative of the Philippines in Miss Universe 2012 and placed first runner-up behind Miss USA, Olivia Culpo.
- Raymond Almazan — is a Filipino professional basketball player who currently plays for Rain or Shine Elasto Painters in the Philippine Basketball Association. He is given a moniker "The Rock 'N` Roll" by sportscaster Mico Halili because of his resemblance to Pinoy rock legend Joey "Pepe" Smith.
- Emilio Angeles Gancayco ( Orion , August 20, 1921 - Manila , July 28, 2009 ) was a Filipino judge. Gancayco was judge of the Philippine Supreme Court from 1987 to 1991 .
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Bataan". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region III (Central Luzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "PSA releases the 2015 Municipal and City Level Poverty Estimates". Quezon City, Philippines. Retrieved 12 October 2019.
- Ernie Esconde (30 January 2019). "Fire-stricken Bataan town now under state of calamity". www.pna.gov.ph. Philippine News Agency. Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- "Bataan town under state of calamity after huge fire razes village". CNN Philippines. 1 February 2019. Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- "Municipal: Orion, Bataan". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region III (Central Luzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region III (Central Luzon)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Bataan". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Orion, Bataan.|
- Orion on MyBataan