Na hOirthir Íochtaracha(Irish)
Location of Orior Lower, County Armagh, Northern Ireland.
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Orior Lower (from Irish: Airthir, the name of an ancient Gaelic territory) is a barony in County Armagh, Northern Ireland. It lies in the east of the county and borders County Down with its eastern boundary. It is bordered by seven other baronies: Fews Upper to the south-west; Fews Lower to the west; Oneilland West to the north-west; Oneilland East to the north; Iveagh Lower, Lower Half to the north-east; Iveagh Upper, Upper Half to the east; and Orior Upper to the south. A small enclave of Orior Lower resides in the east of Orior Upper.
List of main settlements
Below is a list of settlements within Orior Lower:
Villages and population centres
- Eleven Lane Ends
- Loughgilly (also part in the baronies of Fews Lower and Orior Upper)
List of civil parishes
- Killevy (split with barony of Orior Upper)
- Kilmore (split with barony of Oneilland West, not be confused with separate civil parish of Kilmore in County Down)
- Loughgilly (split with baronies of Fews Upper and Orior Upper)
- "Orior Lower". Placenames Database of Ireland. Department of Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- Ireland's History in Maps - The Baronies of Ireland
- Baronies of Armagh
- PRONI Baronies of Northern Ireland
- PRONI Civil Parishes of County Armagh
- Baronies and civil parishes of County Armagh
|This article related to the geography of County Armagh, Northern Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|