Orland Township, Cook County, Illinois
Location in Cook County
Cook County's location in Illinois
|• Total||3 sq mi (94.45 km2)|
|• Land||35.73 sq mi (92.55 km2)|
|• Water||0.73 sq mi (1.89 km2) 2.00%|
|Elevation||705 ft (215 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||99,667|
|• Density||2,730/sq mi (1,054.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60452, 60462, 60467, 60477|
According to the United States Census Bureau, Orland Township covers an area of 36.47 square miles (94.5 km2); of this, 35.74 square miles (92.6 km2) (97.99 percent) is land and 0.73 square miles (1.9 km2) (1.89 square kilometers, 2 percent) is water. It includes the entire village of Orland Hills, almost all of Orland Park, as well as a large portion of Tinley Park.
Orland Township is bordered by Harlem Avenue (Illinois Route 43) on the east, 135th Street on the north, Will-Cook Road on the west (where Cook County and Will County share a border), and 183rd Street on the south (which is also the Cook-Will county border).
Cities, towns, villages
- Palos Township (north)
- Worth Township (northeast)
- Bremen Township (east)
- Rich Township (southeast)
- Frankfort Township, Will County (south)
- New Lenox Township, Will County (southwest)
- Homer Township, Will County (west)
- Lemont Township (northwest)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Cooper, German Methodist, Old German Methodist and Orland Park.
- Ashbourne Lake
- Laguna Lake
- Turtlehead Lake
- Orland Grove Forest Preserve (south three-quarters)
- Orland Tract Forest Preserve
- Tinley Creek Woods (Cook County Forest Preserves) (west three-quarters)
- Illinois' 1st congressional district
- State House District 28
- State House District 35
- State House District 37
- State House District 81
- State Senate District 14
- State Senate District 18
- State Senate District 19
- State Senate District 41
There are many political organizations in Orland Township. The Regular Democratic Organization for Orland Township, represents all Democratic candidates.
- "Orland Township, Cook County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Orland township, Cook County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 21, 2013.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.