7 March 1950|
|Known for||Painting, Conceptual art, Performance|
Mohorović came to Düsseldorf in 1969 and met Joseph Beuys there. The Admission Board of the department Free art at the Kunstakademie Düsseldorf admitted him as a student to Beuys’ courses of . Orlando Mohorović was studying painting and sculpture from 1970 to 1974. At that time New Realism paintings, conceptual art, performance, sketches, small drawings and aquarelle as a pattern for installations were developed.
In 1970 he had his first exhibition in the room 20 and in the hallway.
On February 5, 1974 he was appointed master student of the Beuys class. Mohorović belonged to the group of Beuys-students, like many other renowned German artists (Jörg Immendorff, Katharina Sieverding, Anselm Kiefer, Blinky Palermo, Sigmar Polke) .
List of some important independent and group exhibitions:
- 1970 "Düsseldorf art academy", room 20 and hallway
- 1972 Labin "Galerie Orlando", dedicated to an accidentally passing by person Nino Bateli
- 1973 Düsseldorf hall of art "Between 7 – Yes sir, that’s my baby" and London Gallery House – Goethe institute London "Some 260 miles from here..."
- 1974 Pazin "ethnographic Museum of Istria"
- 1977 Zagreb "Dubrava Gallery" (conceptual art)
- 1994 Split "Biannual festival of small format paintings and sculptures"
- 2001 Karlovac "Triannual festival Croatian aquarelle"
- 2001 Florence " Biennale Internazionale dell’ Arte Contemporanea
- 2003 Ravenna "XIV Biennale Internazionale Dantesca"
- 2004 Buzet "Heritage Museum" 1+1 Mohorović - Gerić
- 2006 Sarajevo "Roman Petrovic Gallery"
- 2008 Pula "Museum of Contemporary Art" Netz installation
- 2010 Rijeka "Gallery Juraj Klović" O.Mohorović - A.Floričić
- 2011 New York "Gallery MC" Inter Imago
- 2012 New York "Gallery MC" Inter Imago Armory
Buzet "Homeland Museum"; Labin "Folk museum"; Pula "City art collection"; Labin "Council House" Belgrade "Open University Brother Stamenkovic"; Pazin "City museum"; Ozalj " Art Collection Slave Rackaj"; Ravenna " Art Collection Centro Dantesca"
- Mohorović, Orlando; Toman, Boris (2008.) Orlando Mohorović : izložba u Galeriji Juraj Klović Rijeka od 16. do 30. 8. 2008., Rijeka : Hrvatsko društvo likovnih umjetnika, ISBN 978-953-6701-54-4
- Vorano, T. Labinski atelieri In: Bertoša, Miroslav (ed.) Istarska enciklopedija, Zagreb : Leksikografski zavod Miroslava Krleže, 2005., ISBN 953-6036-83-5, Accessed: 2011-02-14
- Anton & Joseph K. Dusseldorf Art Academy: Tour 2009-1 // Kempis.nl : Dusseldorf Art Academy, Dusseldorf 2009-18-03, Accessed: 2011-02-14
- I[vana] P[odnar]. Dijalog - Orlando Mohorović & Alen Floričić // Culturenet.hr : Portal of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Croatia, Zagreb, 2010-03-24, ISSN 1334-3092, Accessed: 2011-02-14
- Profile at the-artists.org, The-artists.org: Website for art lovers, art students, artists, art historians, large and small collectors, museumcurators, art gallery owners and exhibition organisers, Accessed: 2011-02-14
- Mohorović, Orlando; Zloić, Sandra (2010.) Orlando Mohorović Biography, Labin : Grad Labin, ISBN 978-953-7294-20-5
- : List of exhibition participants// International Biennial of contemporary art of Florence], Florence, Accessed: 2011-02-14
- admin. Art from the holdings of Buzet museum - Exhibition // Poubuzet.hr : Open University, City of Buzet 2011-02-06, Accessed: 2011-02-14
- marinap. Exhibition by Orlando Mohorović in Labin // Kulturistra.hr : Portal of culture of Istra, Croatia 2010-08-07, Accessed: 2011-02-14
- Orlando Mohorović personal website
- Dijalog Mohorović - Floričić, Multimedia portal MojaRijeka.hr (Žmirić, Zoran, ed.), City of Rijeka, 2010-03-26
- Inter Imago 2 exhibition - Invitations, Art agency Petielement.hr, 2011-02-11
- Basis-Wien Documentary center, archive and most comprehensive database on contemporary art in and from Austria in national and international context.
- Annual Exhibition of paintings, Croatian Association of Artists Hdlu.hr (Višnja Slavica Gabout), , Rijeka, 2007 ISBN 978-953-6701-48-3
- List of conceptual artists preissuche.biz (Rigo 1963), 2011-02-03