Orlando Ricardo Menes
Orlando Ricardo Menes is a Latino poet, writer, translator, editor, and professor.
Menes earned a BA and a MA from the University of Florida and a PhD in English from the University of Illinois at Chicago. He currently teaches in the Creative Writing Program at the University of Notre Dame.
The author, editor and translator of five books of poetry, Menes's poetry has appeared in Ploughshares, The Antioch Review, Prairie Schooner, Shenandoah, The Florida Review, and The Ohio Poetry Review, Chelsea, Sycamore Review, Callaloo, Indiana Review, River Styx, Epoch, Spoon River Poetry Review, New Letters, Crab Orchard Review, West Branch, and Green Mountains Review.
- 2009 Literature Fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts
- 2012 Prairie Schooner Book Prize (Poetry), Fetish
- Fetish (University of Nebraska, 2013)
- Furia (Milkweed Editions, 2005)
- Rumba atop the Stones (Peepal Tree Press, 2001)
- Renaming Ecstasy: Latino Writings on the Sacred (Bilingual Press/Editorial Bilingüe, 2004)
- The Open Light: Poets from Notre Dame, 1991–2008 (University of Notre Dame Press, 2011)
- My Heart Flooded with Water: Selected Poems by Alfonsina Storni (Latin American Literary Review Press, 2009)
- Illinois Center for the Book
- http://www.orlandomenes.net/ bio
- "Orlando Menes". Illinois Authors. Retrieved April 30, 2012.
- "Faculty:Department of English @ University of Notre Dame". English.nd.edu. Retrieved April 30, 2012.
- Notre Dame faculty bio
- Christian Myers (August 28, 2012). "Professor's poem collection wins book prize". The Observer. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- Ricardo, Orlando. "Furia – Milkweed Editions". Milkweed.org. Retrieved April 30, 2012.
|This American poet–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|