Orleans Park School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||Be the Best You can Be|
|Headteacher||Mrs. E. Ball|
|Deputy Headteacher||Miss. L Howarth
Mr. C Weightman
|DfE URN||138651 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
Orleans Park School is a coeducational secondary school with academy status, located in Twickenham area of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, England. It is situated 10 miles south-west of central London.
Location and history
Orleans Park teaches pupils in years 7–11 (ages 11–16), with 8 tutor groups in each school year. Since 2014 there has been a Sixth Form, with 6 tutor groups in each of the two years. The school gained the status of a Mathematics and Computing College in September 2003, then also became a Language College in September 2008. The school converted to academy status on 1 September 2012.
The uniform consists of a maroon sweatshirt, a white polo shirt and black trousers; both the polo shirt and the sweatshirt display the school's new logo, interlocked letters O and P. Is the d uniform. The new uniform is gray/skirt trousers with a maroon v neck sweater with an added gold band around the v. There is also the Orleans park writing and logo in gold. Under this is a white shirt with a normal collar (male). A revered collar white shirt (female)
Many pupils at Orleans Park come from the following nearby primary schools: St. Stephen's School, Archdeacon Cambridge's School, St. Mary's School, Chase Bridge Primary School, Worple Primary School, Stanley Junior School, Ivybridge school and Trafalgar Junior School.
Notable former pupils
- Anabel Barnston (actress best known for Coming of Age)
- DJ Blakey (DJ)
- Karle Carder-Andrews (former Brentford F.C. footballer)
- Benjamin Cook (journalist and writer)
- Greg Davies [as a teacher] (comedian and actor who previously taught drama at the school. Best known for his role as 'Mr Gilbert' in The Inbetweeners)
- Edd Gould (1988-2012) (Creator of the web series Eddsworld)
- Josh Herdman (actor best known for playing Gregory Goyle in the Harry Potter films
- Jesse Kewley-Graham (professional footballer currently playing for Wycombe Wanderers)
- Edward Larrikin (musician)
- Ross Montague (former Brentford F.C. footballer)
- Tavi Murray (glaciologist)
- Abdul Osman (professional footballer currently playing for Crewe Alexandra F.C.)
- Scott Overall Olympic Marathon runner
- Rufus Sewell (film, theatre and television actor)
- Alastair Newport (Notorious film buff and author)
- Claire Allen (Olympic 2016 Rugby Sevens player)
- Alex Mucadem (Dynamo the Magician)
- Fionn Whitehead
- "Orleans House". The Twickenham Museum. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "Orleans Park | About". Orleans Park School. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "Welcome from the Head of Sixth Form". School Website. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Bishop, Rachel (31 March 2012). "Marathon man returns to Orleans Park school". Local Guardian.