Ormsby Place, Edmonton
|Area||West Jasper Place|
|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Karen Leibovici|
|• Total||1.35 km2 (0.52 sq mi)|
|Elevation||686 m (2,251 ft)|
|• Density||3,943/km2 (10,210/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||-5.7%|
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Ormsby Place had a population of  a -5.7% change from its 2009 population of 5,646. With a land area of 1.35 km2 (0.52 sq mi), it had a population density of 3,943 people/km2 in 2012.5,323 living in 1,953 dwellings,
Residential development of the neighbourhood, according to the 2001 federal census, commenced during the 1970s when just under one half (46.4%) of the residences were constructed. Another three in ten (28.7) were constructed during the 1980s. Most of the remaining residences were constructed during the 1990s.
According to the 2005 municipal census, the most common type of residence, accounting for just over half (55%) of all residences, was the Single-family dwelling. Another one in three (34%) were row houses. Apartments account for another 8%, while duplexes account for the remaining 4%. Three out of four (76%) of residences are owner occupied while only one residence in four (24%) are rented.
There is a single school in the neighbourhood, Ormsby Elementary School, operated by the Edmonton Public School System.
West Edmonton Mall is located a short distance to the north along 178 Street.
The neighbourhood is bounded on the west by Anthony Henday Drive, on the south by Callingwood Road, on the east by 178 Street, and on the north by 69 Avenue. The Anthony Henday provides access to destinations to the south of the city including the Edmonton International Airport.
|The Hamptons||Dechene, Jamieson Place||Gariepy|
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Map Utility
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Duplexes include triplexes and fourplexes.