Grumberg is noted for developing model checking, a method for formally verifying hardware and software designs. With Edmund M. Clarke and Doron A. Peled, she is the author of the book Model Checking (MIT Press, 1999).
In 2013 Prof. Grumberg was elected to the Academia Europaea. In 2015 she was named a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery "for contributions to research in automated formal verification of hardware and software systems."
- Faculty profile, Technion, retrieved 2013-12-07.
- Microsoft Research profile Archived 2014-10-21 at the Wayback Machine
- Review of Model Checking by Vladimir Zakharov (2001), Journal of Logic and Computation 11 (6): 962–964, doi:10.1093/logcom/11.6.962
- Ziri, Danielle (October 3, 2013), "Seven Israeli Professors elected to Academia Europaea", Jerusalem Post.
- ACM Fellows Named for Computing Innovations that Are Advancing Technology in the Digital Age, Association for Computing Machinery, 2015, archived from the original on 2015-12-09, retrieved 2015-12-09.