From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In Greek mythology, the name Ornytus may refer to:
- Ornytus or Ornytion, a son of Sisyphus.
- Ornytus or Ornytion, grandson of the above, father of Naubolus.
- Ornytus, possible leader of the army that came from Teuthis to join in the campaign against Troy. Alternately, the leader was named Teuthis.
- Ornytus, a Bebrycian briefly mentioned in the Argonautica: he helps Amycus to put his gauntlets on for the boxing match with Polydeuces.
- Ornytus, a Dolonian killed by Idmon.
- Ornytus, a soldier who fought under Aeneas and was killed by Camilla.
- Ornytus, a soldier who fought with the Seven against Thebes, and survived the war.
- Ornytus, a person who was believed to have led a colony in Caria together with Ioxus, son of Melanippus (the son of Theseus and Perigune).
|This article includes a list of Greek mythological figures with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific Greek mythology article referred you to this page, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended Greek mythology article, if one exists.|
|This article relating to Greek mythology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|