This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014)
|Place of origin||Russia|
|Used by||See Users|
|Wars||Syrian Civil War|
Iraqi Civil War (2014-2017)
|Mass||308: 6.3 kg (13.9 lb)|
338: 6.5 kg (14.3 lb)
|Length||308: 1,230 mm (48.4 in)|
338: 1,270 mm (50.0 in)
|Barrel length||308: 673.1 mm (26.5 in)|
338: 698.5 mm (27.5 in)
7.62×51mm NATO (.308 Winchester)
.300 Winchester Magnum
.338 Lapua Magnum
|Effective firing range||308: 1,000 m (1,094 yd)|
338: 1,500 m (1,640 yd)
|Maximum firing range||over 2,000 m (2,187 yd)|
|Feed system||5-round detachable box magazine|
The Orsis T-5000 (Russian: ОРСИС Т-5000) is a Russian bolt-action sniper rifle. It was the first product developed by ORSIS, and is produced in their Moscow factory. The rifle was introduced in 2011 at the international exhibition of Russian weapons in Nizhny Tagil, and is entirely original, using no third-party components. According to General Director of the Institute for Precision Machine Engineering TsNIITochMash, Dmitry Semiozerov: "As of 2017, the newest sniper complex T-5000 "Precision" was adopted by the FSB, the FSO, and Rosgvardiya".
In its standard configuration the T-5000 is equipped with a 660 mm fluted, stainless steel barrel (698 mm when chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum), cut to a twist rate between 1-in-10 and 1-in-12 depending on customer requirements.
The stainless steel stock adopts a highly "skeletal" design, with highly adjustable butt and cheekpiece components mounted on a folding stock that reduces the transport length of the T-5000 by around 250 mm. The trigger is adjustable from 500 g in its Varmint configuration, to over 1500 g depending on application, and a Picatinny rail is provided for the attachment of optics.
The Federal Security Service, the Federal Protective Service and the National Guard in 2017 adopted a next-gen Orsis T-5000, and designated it as the Tochnost ("precision") sniper rifle chambered in 7.62×51mm NATO and .338 Lapua Magnum (8.6×70mm).
A next-gen T-5000 'Tochnost' sniper rifle chambered in .375 CheyTac (9.5×77mm) and made for rough military conditions was tested in the Moscow Region. Its range is over 2,000 m (2,187 yd). The tests were successfully completed in 2019.
- Azerbaijan - In 2020 Nagorno-Karabakh War it was also seen in hand of Azerbaijani special forces.
- Belarus – Ministry of Defense, Presidential Guard 
- China – Used by People's Liberation Army and SWAT units.
- Egypt – Used By Unit 777 and Thunderbolt Forces 
- Iraq – Used by Iraqi Special Operations Forces and Popular Mobilisation Forces
- Russia – In particular used by certain FSB, the FSO, and Rosgvardiya units.
- Lyamin, Yuri; Smallwood, Michael (29 May 2014). "Iranian AM50 and Russian ORSIS T-5000 rifles in Iraq". armamentresearch.com. Archived from the original on 23 November 2015. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "ФСБ и Росгвардия приняли на вооружение винтовки "Точность"". Rossiyskaya Gazeta. 27 September 2017. Archived from the original on 13 June 2019. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "В России приняли на вооружение снайперскую винтовку "Точность"". Lenta.ru. 27 September 2017.
- "ЦАМТО / Новости / Прошла испытания новая модификация высокоточной снайперской винтовки Т-5000 – ORSIS-375CT".
- "Представители Беларуси заключили два контракта на форуме "Армия-2018"". Archived from the original on 9 February 2019. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- 肥肥小警. "要不要赌我的枪里，没有子弹？_哔哩哔哩_bilibili". www.bilibili.com (in Simplified Chinese). Retrieved 19 February 2022.
- @EgyptDefReview (2 February 2018). "Also in use by SF but rarely sighted is the Russian origin ORSIS T 5000. We've only caught glimpses of it so no ide…" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Vining, Miles (22 April 2017). "ISOF Arms & Equipment Part 2 – Precision Rifles". armamentresearch.com. Archived from the original on 26 April 2017. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- Iraq: Turning a blind eye: The arming of the Popular Mobilization Units (PDF) (Report). Amnesty International. 5 January 2017. pp. 26, 32. MDE 14/5386/2017. Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 March 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "ЦАМТО / Новости / Росгвардия подписала контракты на поставку снайперского комплекса «Точность»". Archived from the original on 23 October 2018. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "CZ-750 and ORSIS T-5000 - Vietnam People's Police". YouTube. Archived from the original on 5 March 2017. Retrieved 20 February 2016.[better source needed]
- "ЦАМТО / Новости / Вьетнам в 2019 году приобрел крупную партию высокоточных винтовок Т-5000".