This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
ORSIS T-5000 chambered in .338 LM.
|Place of origin||Russia|
|Used by||See Users|
|Wars||Syrian Civil War|
Iraqi Civil War (2014-2017)
|Mass||6.5 kg (14.3 lb)|
|Length||1,180 mm (46.5 in)|
|Barrel length||660 mm (26.0 in)|
|Cartridge||7.62×51mm NATO (.308 Winchester)|
.300 Winchester Magnum
.338 Lapua Magnum
|Maximum firing range||over 2000 m|
|Feed system||5-round detachable box magazine|
The Orsis T-5000 (Russian: ОРСИС Т-5000) is a Russian bolt-action sniper rifle. It was the first product developed by ORSIS, and is produced in their Moscow factory. The rifle was introduced in 2011 at the international exhibition of Russian weapons in Nizhny Tagil, and is entirely original, using no third-party components. According to General Director of the Institute for Precision Machine Engineering TsNIITochMash, Dmitry Semiozerov: "As of 2017, the newest sniper complex T-5000 "Precision" was adopted by the FSB, the FSO, and Rosgvardiya".
In its standard configuration the T-5000 is equipped with a 660 mm fluted, stainless steel barrel (698 mm when chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum), cut to a twist rate between 1-in-10 and 1-in-12 depending on customer requirements.
The stainless steel stock adopts a highly "skeletal" design, with highly adjustable butt and cheekpiece components mounted on a folding stock that reduces the transport length of the T-5000 by around 250 mm. The trigger is adjustable from 500 g in its Varmint configuration, to over 1500 g depending on application, and a Picatinny rail is provided for the attachment of optics.
Modernized variant of the rifle T-5000M is planned to increase firing range up to 2000 meters.
The next-gen T-5000 sniper rifle named 'Tochnost' (lit. "precision") made for rough military conditions was tested in the Moscow Region. Its range is over 2000 m. The Federal Security Service, the Federal Protective Service and the National Guard have adopted the new 'Tochnost' sniper rifle.
- China – Used by People's Liberation Army and SWAT units.
- Iraq – Used by Iraqi Special Operations Forces and Popular Mobilisation Forces
- Russia – In particular used by certain Spetsnaz units.
- Saudi Arabia
- Vietnam – Vietnam's Special Weapon And Tactics Forces.
- UAE – Presidential Guard, Security Council
- Armenia – Ministry of Defense, Presidential Guard
- Belorussia – Ministry of Defense, Presidential Guard 
- Uzbekistan – Ministry of Defense
- Nigeria – Special Operation Forces
- Thailand – Special Operation Forces
- Lyamin, Yuri; Smallwood, Michael (May 29, 2014). "Iranian AM50 and Russian ORSIS T-5000 rifles in Iraq". armamentresearch.com. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "ФСБ и Росгвардия приняли на вооружение винтовки "Точность"". Rossiyskaya_Gazeta. 2017-09-27.
- "В России приняли на вооружение снайперскую винтовку «Точность»". Lenta.ru. 2017-09-27.
- "Российский ORSIS T-5000 метит за горизонт". Zvezda (TV channel). 2015-05-17.
- "T-5000 Sniper Rifle Tested In The Moscow Region". Sputnik (news agency). 2017-06-06.
- "Russian Security Services Ready to Adopt Next-Gen Sniper Rifle (VIDEO)". Sputnik (news agency). 2017-09-27.
- Vining, Miles (April 22, 2017). "ISOF Arms & Equipment Part 2 – Precision Rifles". armamentresearch.com.
- Iraq: Turning a blind eye: The arming of the Popular Mobilization Units (PDF) (Report). Amnesty International. 5 January 2017. pp. 26, 32. MDE 14/5386/2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ORSIS T-5000.|