Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
|Founded||Linden, New Jersey, United States
|Headquarters||1001 US-202, Raritan, New Jersey, United States|
Number of employees
|1,001 to 5,000 (2014)|
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an in vitro diagnostics company that makes products and diagnostic equipment for blood testing. Ortho serves two primary industries in the medical field: clinical laboratories, by producing platforms and assays that test for a variety of diseases, conditions, and substances; and immunohematology, by providing the means to ensure blood transfusion recipients receive appropriate and compatible blood. Johnson and Johnson acquired Eastman Kodak's Clinical Diagnostics Division in 1994 (to form Johnson & Johnson Clinical Diagnostics), which was then merged with Ortho Diagnostic Systems in 1997. Ortho's global corporate offices are in Raritan, New Jersey, while their global research and development center is in Rochester, New York.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho) unveiled its newly expanded executive leadership team following the acquisition of the company by The Carlyle Group from Johnson & Johnson. In his first act as Ortho's Chairman and CEO, Dr. Martin D. Madaus announced key appointments in finance, operations, legal and commercial to advance strategic sectors of the In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) business.
1939: Ortho Products, Inc., is formed in Linden, New Jersey, as a division of Johnson & Johnson.
1997: Ortho Diagnostics Systems and Johnson & Johnson Clinical Diagnostics merge and begin operating as Ortho Clinical Diagnostics.
2015: Ortho receives FDA clearance for its ORTHO VISION Analyzer, which automates the full range of immunohematology testing and helps improve the safety of blood transfusions by reducing laboratories' reliance on manual methods.
- "Ortho Clinical Diagnostics Leadership". OrthoClinicalDiagnostics.com. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "Ortho Clinical Diagnostics-LinkedIn".
- "Who We Are". Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Daneman, Matthew (16 January 2014). "Carlyle to buy Ortho-Clinical for $4.15 billion". Democrat and Chronicle. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- "First Hospital Installs Ortho Vision Analyzer". News-Medical.net. 13 Nov 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Lawrence, Stacy (25 Apr 2016). "Ortho After the Carlyle Takeover: A Q&A with CEO Martin Madaus". Fierce Biotech. Retrieved 6 July 2016.