Orthodontic National Group
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Orthodontic National Group|
|Affiliation||British Orthodontic Society|
|Key people||Debra Worthington, Chairman
Fiona Grist, Vice Chairman
Sally Dye, Admin Sec
Zararna Nelson-Moon, President
|Office location||BOS, 12 Bridewell Place, London. EC4V 6AP, UK|
|Country||United Kingdom, Ireland|
- 1 Origin
- 2 Offices
- 3 Logo
- 4 Aims and Objectives
- 5 Events
- 6 Awards
- 7 Committee
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
The Orthodontic National Group was established in 1994 and originated from the British Orthodontic Conference, which holds an Orthodontic Nurses Day and Orthodontic Therapists Day.
As an affiliate organisation of the British Orthodontic Society (BOS), the officials and committee members of the ONG the meet at the BOS headquarters at 12 Bridewell Place in London.
The ONG logo is octagonal in shape and depicts an orthodontic bracket, a small but vital item to the majority of orthodontic treatment cases.
Aims and Objectives
The aims of the Orthodontic National Group are "To act on behalf of the Dental Nurses to advance high standards by developing the Orthodontic Dental Nurse and Therapists roles."
The objectives of the Orthodontic National Group are:
- To develop the Orthodontic Dental Nurse and Therapists roles within the specialist group
- To provide continuing professional education and development with at least bi-annual study days
- To keep the membership informed by means of the ONG journal and website
- To recommend to the General Dental Council and to relevant bodies any changes needed in legislation
- To liaise with relevant professional bodies to promote the status of the Orthodontic Dental Nurses and Orthodontic Therapists
- To manage the group's finances to achieve its objectives
- To plan for the future
The ONG hold at least two study days a year.
Spring Study Day: Saturday 19 March 2016 9am - 3.45pm The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 85-89 Colmore Row, Birmingham. £45 ONG members, £65 non-ONG members. Subjects to include:- The button & Bead appliance - David Spary Impacted Maxillary Canines - Emile Habib Oral health related quality of life and hypodontia - Sheena Kotecha Cleft lip and palate treatment - Sarah Gale IOTN & PAR Denise Dowe Class III treatment decisions when and how - Rehan Ullah
BRITISH ORTHODONTIC CONFERENCE 23–25 September 2016 Brighton check www.bos.org.uk for details
British Orthodontic Conference
An orthodontic nurse and therapist day programme is held at the British Orthodontic Conference (BOC), the main annual conference of the British Orthodontic Society and is organised by ONG committee members. Similarly a dedicated Orthodontic Therapist Day is held at the BOC and organised by ONG committee members.
ONG Orthodontic Nurse Award. This award was established in 1995 and was sponsored by 3M Unitek, until 2012
TOC Orthodontic Dental Nurse Prize
This award was established in 2001 and is sponsored by TOC Orthodontics.
BOS Award to an Orthodontic National Group member for Distinguished Service
Established in 2003 and presented annually at the British Orthodontic Conference.
An elected committee is responsible for governing the ONG. There are also regional representatives. The functions of the committee are:
- To meet the aims of the group
- To provide for the needs of its members
- To promote the group within the Dental profession
- To communicate with its members
- To manage the finances of the group to achieve its aims and functions
- To appoint a President and Chief Executive as required
Current Committee Members
|Finance OfficerII Marica Grundy|
|Administration SecretaryI|Amanda Heap|
|Committee Member||Mary Bardet and Gemma Giles.|