Orthodoxy in Thailand
Orthodox Christianity in Thailand has been represented since 1999 by the Representative Office of the Russian Orthodox Church, including the orthodox parish of Saint Nicolas in Bangkok, the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, and the Coptic Orthodox Church.
Russian Orthodox church
The mission is headed by Father (Archimandrite) Oleg Cherepanin (2008) and serves Russian tourists or citizens in Thailand, local believers of Thai origin and people of other nationalities, including Romanians, Greeks, French.
Besides the main parish of Saint Nicholas' Chapel in Bangkok, there are several Russian Orthodox communes including:
- Parish in the name of Holy Life-Giving Trinity on Phuket
- Parish in the name of All Saints in Chonburi Province
- Parish in the name of Holy Dormition, Ratchaburi Province
- The Holy Ascension parish on Ko Samui, Surat Thani Province
- Parish in the name of Saint Sergius of Radonezh on Ko Chang
The mission of Russian Orthodox Church since its establishment translated into Thai language the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom, the Orthodox Book of prayer and the book about the history of Russian Orthodox Church. In July 2008, the representative office of Russian Orthodox Church was officially registered by Thailand authorities as foundation the Orthodox Christian Church in Thailand.
In November 2007, Father Oleg Cherepanin took part in ecumenical pilgrimage of trust in Bangkok's Assumption Cathedral. Among those present were religious leaders of Roman Catholic Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church of Thailand, Church of Christ in Thailand, Russian Orthodox Church and young people from Laos, Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia who came specially for the prayer.
Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople
The Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew and the Holy and Great Synod of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of the Eastern Orthodox Church have plans to establish parishes in Thailand. The Eastern Orthodox communes in Thailand belong to jurisdiction of Metropolitan of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia Nikitas. Representatives of the Ecumenical Patriarchate organize church services and divine liturgy for their faithful in Thailand with help of the Embassy of Greece in Bangkok.
- Thailand Region News, The Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Sydney
- Тайская миссия (Thai Mission), by Elena Batueva, Educational Orthodox Society "Russia in colors" in Jerusalem, in Russian
- Православная Церковь получила государственную регистрацию в Таиланде, "Pravoslavie.RU" Portal, July 2008, in Russian
- Pilgrimage of trust in Bangkok: 2007, Taize Home Page, November 2007
- Archbishop Hilarion of Volokolamsk completes his visit to Thailand with laying the foundation of the Holy Trinity Church in Phuket, Department for External Church Relations of the Moscow Patriarchate, News Archive - December 2009
- History of the Holy Orthodox Church, Far Eastern Orthodoxy, compiled by Very Rev. Fr. Constantin Alecse, The Holy Trinity Romanian Orthodox Church of Los Angeles
- First Divine Liturgy by Metropolitan Nikitas in Bangkok, Thailand, The Orthodox Community of St. Luke the Evangelist in Hong Kong