Orthosoma brunneum is a species of beetle in the family Cerambycidae, the only species in the genus Orthosoma. The genus name Orthosoma was also previously used for a microsporidian genus. As the name is pre-occupied by this beetle genus, the name for the microsporidian has been changed to Orthosomella.
- Bezark, Larry G. A Photographic Catalog of the Cerambycidae of the World Archived 2013-08-27 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on 22 May 2012.
- Becnel, J. J., Takvorian, P. M., & Cali, A. (2014). Checklist of available generic names for Microsporidia with type species and type hosts. Microsporidia: Pathogens of Opportunity, First Edition, 671-686.
- Arnett, R.H. Jr., M. C. Thomas, P. E. Skelley and J. H. Frank. (eds.). (2002). American Beetles, Volume II: Polyphaga: Scarabaeoidea through Curculionoidea. CRC Press LLC, Boca Raton, FL.
- Arnett, Ross H. (2000). American Insects: A Handbook of the Insects of America North of Mexico. CRC Press.
- Monné, Miguel A., and Edmund F. Giesbert (1995). Checklist of the Cerambycidae and Disteniidae (Coleoptera) of the Western Hemisphere, 2nd ed., xiv + 420.
- Richard E. White. (1983). Peterson Field Guides: Beetles. Houghton Mifflin Company.