|Origin||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Genres||Avant-garde rock, math rock, avant-garde metal, technical metal, experimental|
|Labels||Ipecac, Three One G, Troubleman Unlimited, Tolotta, Crucial Blast|
Orthrelm is a duo composed of Mick Barr on guitar and Josh Blair on drums. Their songwriting style is mostly experimental, and shows the influence of avant-garde music as well as shred guitar and minimalism.
As Orthrelm, Blair and Barr have become known for releasing albums that are very unconventional in both style and structure. For example, 2002's Asristir Vieldriox is 13 minutes long, but has a total of 99 songs (each of which averages between 5 and 15 seconds in length). In contrast, 2005's OV album features a single, 45-minute track based on intense repetition that is similar to Terry Riley's brand of minimalism. The band were chosen by Animal Collective to perform at the All Tomorrow's Parties festival in May 2011.
- Iorxhscimtor (2001; Tolotta Records)
- Norildivoth Crallos Lomrixth Urthilnv (2002; Three One G)
- OV (2005; Ipecac Recordings)
- Asristir Vieldriox (2002; Troubleman Unlimited)
- Touchdown/Orthrelm (2002; Troubleman)
- Orthrelm/Behold... the Arctopus (2006; Crucial Blast Releases)
- Orthrelm / Trencher - * Trans Atlantic Asthma Attack (2005,The Action Index, Speedowax, Life in a Box, A Tree in a Field)
|This article on a United States metal band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|