UFC Fight Night 6.5
|UFC: Ortiz vs. Shamrock 3: The Final Chapter|
A poster or logo for UFC: Ortiz vs. Shamrock 3: The Final Chapter.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||October 10, 2006|
|Venue||Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino|
- Not to be confused with UFC Fight Night 7, which took place on December 13, 2006.
UFC: Ortiz vs. Shamrock 3: The Final Chapter (also known as UFC Fight Night 6.5) was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on October 10, 2006. The event took place at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Florida and was broadcast live on Spike TV in the United States and Canada.
The main event featured the third and final encounter between Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock. At UFC 61, the two fighters met for a second time, with Ortiz reigning victorious via technical knockout. However, some critics contend that the fight was stopped too early by referee Herb Dean. At the UFC 62 weigh-ins, UFC President Dana White announced the third Ortiz-Shamrock encounter. Tickets went on sale on Tuesday, August 29, 2006, and sold out in two days.
The two-hour broadcast drew a 3.1 overall rating, with the main event of Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock fighting for a third time drawing a 4.3 rating. Quoting MMA Weekly's Ivan Trembow, "That breaks down to an amazing 5.7 million viewers for the Ortiz vs. Shamrock fight. This shatters the UFC's previous record for the number of people watching a UFC fight at any given time." The overall ratings record would not be matched until UFC 75 on September 8, 2007.
|Light Heavyweight||Tito Ortiz||def.||Ken Shamrock||TKO (punches)||1||2:23||[a]|
|Middleweight||Kendall Grove||def.||Chris Price||Submission (elbows)||1||3:59|
|Middleweight||Jason MacDonald||def.||Ed Herman||Submission (triangle choke)||1||2:43|
|Light Heavyweight||Matt Hamill||def.||Seth Petruzelli||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Nate Marquardt||def.||Crafton Wallace||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||1:14||[b]|
|Welterweight||Tony DeSouza||def.||Dustin Hazelett||Submission (kimura)||1||3:59|
|Middleweight||Rory Singer||def.||Josh Haynes||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Thiago Alves||def.||John Alessio||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Marcus Davis||def.||Forrest Petz||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||4:58|
Fighters were each awarded $30,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Matt Hamill vs. Seth Petruzelli
- Knockout of the Night: Tito Ortiz
- Submission of the Night: Jason MacDonald
- "UFC 62 WEIGH-INS; ORTIZ VS. SHAMROCK 3 ANNOUNCED – MMA WEEKLY – Mixed Martial Arts & UFC News, Photos, Rankings & more". Mma Weekly. Retrieved 2009-04-12.
- "MMA's alleged brutality, and more • Dave Doyle's FOXSports.com MMA Blog – FOX Sports Blogs". Community.foxsports.com. 2006-10-11. Retrieved 2009-04-12.
- "Ivan's Blog- Ivan Trembow's Self-Important, Random Rants on Mixed Martial Arts, Video Games, Pro Wrestling, Television, Politics, Sports, and High-Quality Wool Socks". Ivansblog.com. 2006-10-12. Retrieved 2009-04-12.
- Sherdog.com. "UFC 75 Sets MMA Ratings Record in North America". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2009-04-12.
- "MARQUARDT'S NEW OPPONENT; OTHER UFC CHANGES – MMA WEEKLY – Mixed Martial Arts & UFC News, Photos, Rankings & more". Mma Weekly. 2006-10-04. Retrieved 2009-04-12.