Oru Muthassi Katha
|Oru Muthassi Katha|
K. B. Ganesh Kumar
M. G. Soman
|Edited by||L. Bhoominathan|
Oru Muthassi Katha is a 1991 Malayalam-language Indian feature film directed by Priyadarshan for Super Film International starring Vineeth and Nirosha in lead roles, supported by Tamil actor Thiagarajan with K. B. Ganesh Kumar , M. G. Soman, Innocent and Lizy playing other important roles.
The story is set in a fisherman village in the western coast of Kerala. The story revolves around the antagonist Chemparundu (Thiagarajan) who is responsible for many murders in the village. Karthu, the daughter of Chemparundu falls for Chanthu (Vineeth), an orphan. As the story progresses, Unnikrishnan(K. B. Ganesh Kumar), a young man with mysterious intentions arrives at the village for fishing business.
- Vineeth as Chanthu
- Nirosha as Karthu
- Thiagarajan as Chemparundu Machan
- K. B. Ganesh Kumar as Unnikrishnan
- M. G. Soman as Mayinkutty
- Sukumaran as Rajasekharan
- Jalaja as Parvathi
- Innocent as Thampuran
- Lizy as Thresia
- Maniyanpilla Raju as Abdu
- Jagadish as Thankappan
- Jagathy Sreekumar as Chellayyan
- Thikkurissi Sukumaran Nair as Uppooppa
- Sukumari as Akkan
- Kuthiravattam Pappu as Koyammedikka
- Bobby Kottarakkara as Varghese
- Jose as Bapputty
- Santhosh as Karuppayyan
- Jayalalita as Valli
- V. K. Pavithran
- Philomina as Unnili, Guest Appearance in Song "Nalla Muthassiyamma"
|Oru Muthassi Katha|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1||"Kadappurathe Chaakara"||M. G. Sreekumar, P. Leela, CO Anto|
|2||"Kandaal Chirikkaatha"||M. G. Sreekumar & Sujatha Mohan|
|3||"Nalla Muthassiyamma"||M. G. Sreekumar, P. Leela, Sujatha Mohan, CO Anto|
|4||"Pandathe Paattile" (Bit)||P. Leela|
|2||"Thonippaattum"||M. G. Sreekumar & Chorus|
- This is one of the rare Malayalam films of Priyadarshan without his friend and actor Mohanlal.
- Film maker V. K. Pavithran appeared in a comeo for Oru Muthassi Katha
- Malayalam script writer and actor Sreenivasan dubbed for Thiagarajan
- "Oru Muthassi Katha Film Details". malayalachalachithram. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|