Oru Naal Oru Kanavu
|Oru Naal Oru Kanavu|
|Produced by||K. Muralidharan|
|Written by||Gokula Krishnan (dialogues)|
|Edited by||T. R. Sekhar|
K. R. Gowri Shankar
Lakshmi Movie Makers
Oru Naal Oru Kanavu (Tamil: ஒரு நாள் ஒரு கனவு, English: One day, one dream) is a 2005 Indian Tamil romantic drama film directed by Fazil. Srikanth and Sonia Agarwal play the lead roles and it has music by Ilaiyaraaja and camera by Anandakuttan. The film released on 26 August 2005 to average reviews.
The story revolves around Maya (Sonia Agarwal), a college student, who always wants to triumphs in all her endeavors. She comes across a middle class youth, Cheenu (Srikanth), a happy-go-lucky-youngster, who strives to work hard to get his sisters married well.
A few encounters (Maya and Cheenu) results in wordy duels between them leading to Maya challenging Cheenu that she will make him fall in love with her. Her further course of action to achieve her challenge leaves Cheenu frustrated and he decides to take revenge on her by pretending to fall in love with her.
Maya who starts to spend more time with Cheenu comes to know of his kind heart and his good nature and eventually develops an honest love towards him. She even helps him in setting his own business house. Slowly Cheenu too comes to know of Maya's nobleness and generosity land falls in love with her.
Trouble comes in the form of her brothers who threaten Cheenu of dire consequences. Cheenu resolves to earn more and become rich and then hold the hands of Maya. But Maya has plans otherwise. Does the couple end up getting married forms the rest of the story.
- Srikanth as Srinivsan (Cheenu)
- Sonia Agarwal as Mayadevi (Maya)
- Nizhalgal Ravi
- Madhupal as Sekhar
- Remya Nambeesan as Vanaja
- Saranya Mohan as Meera
- Sudha as Cheenu's mother
- Ilavarasu as Rajamani
- Sridevi as Vasanthi
- Suvarna Mathew as Maya's sister
- Bombay Gnanam
- K.V. Prasad as Srikanth's father
- Sathyan as Kumara
- Shyam Ganesh
- Kadhal Sukumar as Saravana
- Scissor Manohar as Broker
The soundtrack was done by Ilayaraja. The song "Kaatril varum geethame" was penned by Vali and was considered an instant hit by music lovers.
- Enna Paattu Venum - Sonu Nigam
- Ilamaikkoor Vegam - Sonu Nigam
- Kaatril Varum - Bhavatharini, Hariharan, Ilaiyaraja, Sadhana Sargam, Shreya Ghoshal
- Khajiraho - Hariharan, Shreya Ghoshal
- Konjum Thira - Shreya Ghoshal, Sonu Nigam
- Ponnukitta Mappilai - Manjari, Tippu
- "Love tale not wholly gripping". The Hindu. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- "Fazil's unusual love story". Sify. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- "Crazy little thing called love". The Hindu. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2000s romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|