|Directed by||Prathap Pothan|
|Produced by||V. B. K. Menon|
|Screenplay by||John Paul|
|Edited by||B. Lenin|
V. T. Vijayan
Anugraha Cine Arts
|Distributed by||Anugraha Release|
Oru Yathramozhi (transl. An adieu) is a 1997 Indian Malayalam-language drama film directed by Prathap Pothan, based on a story by Priyadarshan and a screenplay by John Paul. It stars Sivaji Ganesan and Mohanlal. It was produced by V. B. K. Menon and distributed by Anugraha Release. The film's initial release date was 15 August 1996, but the release was postponed and finally graced theatres only in 1997. The film was dubbed in Tamil as Payanathin Mozhi.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (July 2019)
It is a story about a father and a son, which is filled with sentiment or sorrow. Govindankutty (Mohanlal) is on the lookout for his unknown father seeking to take revenge by killing him for leaving him and his mother. Then enters Anantha Subramaniam (Sivaji Ganesan) a Tamil government contractor, who comes to Govindankutty's hometown and likes him instantly for his loyalty and honesty.
Both of them become very close to each other. The story takes a turn when Govindankutty's mother recognizes the contractor as her long-lost husband. She dies fearing that Govindankutty will kill his father on knowing the truth. The story then comes to the climax as to whether Govindankutty knows who his father is and what happens next.
- Sivaji Ganesan as Anantha Subramaniam / Periyavar
- Mohanlal as Govindankutty / Chinna
- Ranjitha as Nandhini
- Bharathi Vishnuvardhan as Chinna's mother
- Nedumudi Venu as Appu
- Soman as
- Prakash Raj as Satya
- N. F. Varghese as Police officer
- Kanakalatha as
- Bahadoor as Pappan
- V. K. Sreeraman as Parameshwaran Nair
- Maniyanpilla Raju
- Thilakan as Adhruman (Abdul Rahiman)
Swarnachamaram is a film that was shelved as a result of creative differences over the topic of mercy killing. Many scenes were edited out of the film along with a song by Sivaji Ganeshan and Mohanlal. Producer V. B. K. Menon used the same dates and completed Oru Yathramozhi, starring Sivaji Ganesan and Mohanlal. The movie was not released until a year or so after completion.
|2.||"Kakkalakkannamma"||Ilaiyaraja, M. S. Viswanathan, M.G. Sreekumar||4:49|
|3.||"Manjolum Rathri Maanju"||P. Jayachandran||4:26|
|4.||"Ponveyilile"||M. G. Sreekumar, K. S. Chithra||4:54|
- "Swarnachamaram Naalukettil". Vellinakshatram. 24 December 1995.
- "Location Report - Swarnachamaram". Vellinakshatram scanned pages by snehasallapam. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- "Swarnachamaram Shooting progressing". Vellinakshatram. 19 November 1995.
- "Swarnachamaram Gaananiroopanam". Vellinakshatram. 24 December 1995.
- "Oru Yathramozhi on Independence Day". Vellinakshatram. 19 May 1996.