This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||WAT (UTC+1)|
The 16 major towns that make up the local government are as follows;
- Ndiowu, and
It is a region with markedly fertile land for agriculture with prominent products around rice, yam, cassava, and palm oil. Most of the population are subsistence farmers and traders. There is also a large student community as a result of the presence of a Federal Polytechnic located at Okoh.
Here is the list of secondary schools in Orumba North Local Government Area:
- Community High School, Nanka
- Community Secondary School, Nanka
- Community Secondary School, Oko
- Community Secondary School, Ndikelionwu
- Community Secondary School, Ndiowu
- Community Secondary School, Ufuma
- Community Secondary School, Enugwuabor Ufuma
- Community Secondary School, Awgbu
- Community High School, Awgbu
- Awgbu Grammar School, Awgbu
- Community Secondary School, Ajali
- Community Secondary School, Omogbo
- Community Secondary School, Awa
Notable people from Orumba Local Government Area include:
- Professor Vincent Chukwuemeka Ike, educationist and author who hails from Ndikelionwu where he is now a traditional King.
- Professor Humphrey Nwosu, from Ajali town, Chairman of the National Electoral Commission of Nigeria (NECON)
- Dr. Alex Ekwueme, from Okoh town, a scion of the Royal House of Okoh, politician, architect and former Vice-president of Nigeria.
Ufuma is particularly popular in the South Eastern part of Nigeria because it had offered sanctuary to fleeing Biafran warlords during the final days of the Nigerian-Biafran conflict.
|This Anambra State, Nigeria location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|