Orya Maqbool Jan
|Orya Maqbool Jan|
January 7, 1952|
Gujrat, Punjab, Pakistan
|Education||CSS Officer, B.A L.L.B]|
|Alma mater||University of Balochistan|
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Orya Maqbool Jan is a columnist, CSS officer and an analyst. He was born in Gujrat, and did L.L.B from the University of Balochistan. He appears on TV and writes column in leading Urdu newspapers. He has worked as deputy commissioner, district magistrate of three districts and managing director of Baluchistan water and sanitation authority and Director of Social welfare, which is for Human rights and Women's development. He is a fundamentalist and holds extremist views. In his talk shows he come across as someone who does not value human rights. He is a regular attendee of Extremist seminars and meetings. His views are very similar to Jamaat Islami Pakistan.
He is writer of following dramas:
- Roazan in 1991
- Gardbad in 1993
- Shaharzad in 1994
- Qafas in 2000 and
- Qafla in 2004
He is writer of following books:
- Ḥarf-i rāz. Essays on deteriorating political conditions in Pakistan.
- Qāmat : shāʻirī. Poetry.
- Girdbād : Balocistān ke qabā'ilī pas manẓar men̲ likhā gayā ḍrāmah. A play on socio-cultural problems with particular reference to the Baloch tribes in Pakistan.
- Mujhe hai ḥukm-i az̲ān̲ : Z̤arb-i-muʼmin shāʼiʻ hone vāle kālam. Author's collected columns on various international political issues, published in weekly Z̤arb-i muʼmin Karachi during 2004-06.
- Notezai, Muhammad Akbar (21 May 2016). "Why is Balochistan in love with Orya Maqbool Jan?". The Nation (Pakistan). Retrieved 2 December 2017.
- Chaudhry, Kashif (25 June 2016). "Challenging Orya Maqbool Jan and Ansar Abbasi". The Nation (Pakistan). Retrieved 2 December 2017.
- Hussain, Shujaat (24 June 2016). "Orya Maqbool Jan's hysterics are creating an atmosphere of fear among the teaching community". The Nation (Pakistan). Retrieved 2 December 2017.
- Hamdani, Yasser Latif (12 January 2014). "Orya Maqbool Jan's attack on Jinnah". Daily Times (Pakistan). Retrieved 2 December 2017.
- "TTP considering Ansar Abbasi, Orya Maqbool Jan as negotiators". Geo News. AFP. 3 February 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2017.
- "Harf-e-raaz with Orya Maqbool Jan Talk Show". PakShows.PK.
- "Orya Maqbool Jan Bio". pakistanherald.
- "Bio". oryamaqbool.
- "Orya Maqbool Jan". urducircle.